Commercial Accounts Executive
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203017
Position Title: Inside Sales Acct Executive (III)
Commercial Accounts Account Executive
The Commercial Accounts Account Executive is the primary relationship manager for a number of Teradata customers within a Region. The person is responsible for the profitable sales of the Teradata Solutions portfolio including applications, consulting services, software, platforms and support services.
- Understand Teradata’s Solution offerings and key differentiators to develop and successfully execute sales strategies that expand and maximize Teradata’s business relationships across the assigned rider.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of each assigned customer’s key business initiatives to effectively position Teradata’s solution and consulting services portfolio in terms of ROI and relevant business metrics
- Establish and enhance key relationships up and across each assigned customer’s Business and IT organization
- Establish and enhance key relationships with the SI and vendor community to ensure the timely delivery and accelerated business user utilization of Teradata’s analytic solutions
- Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover new business opportunities
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative, solution based selling techniques
- Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical and business professionals, and management to achieve business objectives
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
This position will support a Sales Director. Individuals in this role work closely with their customers, sales director, solution sales consultants, business consultant, pre-sale consultants, professional services and support associates. The ability to develop and coordinate a cross-functional team environment will be critical to the success of this position. Position required to work out of our Rancho Bernardo office in San Diego.
- 3-5+ years of experience in selling software services specifically in the database, enterprise software, and/or ecommerce space.
- Some technical and business knowledge is necessary
- Must be a highly effective communicator, through written and oral presentations to all levels of contacts, internal and external
- Proven ability to run a full Sales Cycle Virtually.
- Demonstrated success in selling enterprise-class analytic solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter, team player and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
- Proven ability to establish rapport, develop, and maintain strong customer relationships
- Previous relevant experience with data warehouse or enterprise software/ service companies a plus
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Excellent Team Building and Management Skills
- Recognized success with Financial Services, Retail and/or Health Care Industry. This success pertains to one’s demonstrated ability to understand the current business problems that face customers in the industry, staying on top of industry trends, predicting/forecasting business problems, and being able to articulate how Teradata solutions can help the customer.
- Previous experience selling Data, Analytics, and/or Cloud computing solutions
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Accounts Executive
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US