Location: Brussels, Brussels BE
Requisition Number: 203003
Position Title: PS Consultant (I)
Data Modeler - Teradata Belgium
Are you looking for a challenging new step in your career? Are you looking for innovative data and analytics projects and do you want to work for the specialist in the field? Join Teradata!
Who is Teradata?
As the global leader in data warehousing and analytic technologies, Teradata solutions make smart companies smarter. Teradata gives companies the people, technology, innovation and a world-class network of customers and partners enabling them to gain competitive advantage to master their markets.
With Teradata, the smartest wins. Learn more at teradata.com.
What do you do as a Data Modeler at Teradata?
The Data Modeler is responsible for transforming business information into logical data models and for managing the enterprise data model. The emphasis within this position is on the modeling of the business, required for a successful Information Management environment across the Unified Data Architecture. Communication skills are essential as the current data modeling focuses on the interaction with the business on that what needs to be modeled. Consequentially, the Data Modeler is proficient in industry standard techniques for process modeling and data modeling.
Within data modeling, the Data Modeler is proficient in 3rd normal form relational modeling as well as dimensional modeling. Experience with alternate modeling techniques such as Data Vault, and key modeling as it relates to Big Data would be a strong added value. A Data Modeler understands semantic modeling requirements and concepts, and when working with associated Teradata Consultants, can design and document semantic models that are required for specific applications. The Data Modeler is also familiar with new and emerging data which contributes to behavioral or interaction data. This may include modeling for documents, XML, JSON, meta tags (audio, video, pictures) and others. This role will be experienced in group facilitation with participants from diverse business functions and work skills.
In what subject areas are you involved with as a Data Modeler?
- Design and normalize the logical data model to third normal form.
- Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
- Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of Integration DEFinition (IDEF) or equivalent methodology.
- Develop and manage data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
- Work with all related consultants to design and document semantic models.
- Work with consultants to translate Logical Data Models and Semantic Models into their physical representations.
- Enhance new and existing logical models with entities to represent client specific models.
- Work with ETL consultants to map source system data to physical data models.
- Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
Evaluate access paths for data which spans multiple deployed technologies; provide recommendations for optimizations in accessing these heterogeneous relationships.
Are you the perfect candidate for this role of Data Modeler?
- Master Degree, preferably in an Information Technology (IT) related degree
- 3-5 years of experience with data modeling methodologies and techniques
- Demonstrable affinity with business processes and business information models
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written
- Logical data modeling
- Experience with Industry Data Models is a prerequisite
- Facilitation and conflict resolution processes
- Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives
What do we offer?
- A market competitive salary package (including attractive bonus component and allowances)
- Training and learning opportunities in an international environment
- Company car, phone and laptop
- You will be part of a fun team!
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brussels, Brussels BE