Senior Accounting Analyst
Location: JOHNS CREEK, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 202987
Position Title: Accounting Manager (I)
The senior accounting analyst essentially functions as an assistant controller for the Americas region; responsible for the approval of journal entries to the general ledger as well as the reconciliation and reporting of financial results. This involves working closely with various departments such as the Outsourced General Ledger team, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Consolidations, Treasury, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Receivables, and Payables, to ensure proper accounting of subledger activities and related adjustments. Additionally, the analyst works with local controllership within each Americas operating unit (US, Canada, and six Latin American countries).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversight of G/L accounting activities performed by outsourcing partner
- Drive monthly close cycle and supplemental reporting process
- Approval of manual journal entry requests
- Review of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Consolidation of Supplemental Reporting Packages
- Revenue Roll Forward Report
- Consolidation of Detail Inventory Reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliation QA process
- Manage Risk Review Process
- Participate in Trial Balance Review Process with the various Americas countries
- Analysis and resolution of routine accounting issues
- Various special projects (heavily involved in system upgrades and convergence)
- Ad hoc responsibilities including support for internal/external auditors
Four year degree in Accounting.
At least five years prior work experience within a general ledger team, preferably at a senior analyst level.
Systems aptitude is a requirement for this position. Ideal experience includes working knowledge of Oracle GL, Inventory, and other subledger applications, Hyperion Financial Management, Workday Revenue Management, and proficiency in using Business Objects.
Strong understanding of inventory and revenue accounting.
Expert Microsoft Excel user; able to handle complex functions, pivot tables, and working with high volumes of data
MBA or CPA certification
Intermediate-level proficiency in Spanish language (or higher)
Additional skills and attributes for this position are as follows: Strong analytical and problem solving skills; process-oriented with a focus on continuous improvement; detail-oriented; quick learner and self-directed; results-oriented; organized; works well within a team; strong oral and written communications.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: JOHNS CREEK
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accounting Analyst
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: JOHNS CREEK, Georgia US