Project Manager (Japanese-speaking)
Location: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH
Requisition Number: 202980
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (III)
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring, and directing projects meeting agreed upon client requirements and expected Teradata business results. Projects may be located on premises, in the public or private cloud, and in mixed environments. The Project Manager requires excellent written and good spoken English skills; including being able to conduct business communication in the English language. The Project Manager may lead a single project or oversee multiple smaller sub-projects. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and/or third party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical, and quality objectives. The Project Manager may manage projects through closeout. The Project Manager may be supported by additional Project Managers, and/or Project Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Lead the scoping, planning, cost estimating of projects. May be responsible for statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables.
- During the engagement, identify future sales opportunities; Acquire incremental business within the project through change control.
- Lead a data warehouse implementation project or a collection of multiple small projects.
- Ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget, and within client expectations for quality and functionality.
- Manage client acceptance of the solution and manage client expectations in line with the agreed statement of work.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with client stakeholders and resolution of all issues.
- Maintain and communicate project status to all stakeholders in reports and status meetings.
- Build a project team of offshore resources and/or contractors.
- Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time. Produce project financial and status reports.
- Ensure that knowledge resources and tools are fully leveraged (e.g. Teradata Solutions Methodology - TSM, Global Reference Information Architecture, and Control Framework)
- Lead project/engagement close-out debriefings to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Contribute to the Teradata Body Of Knowledge
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Experience working with a Japanese team and is able to speak/read/write in Japanese
- College graduate preferably with IT or Engineering course
- At least 7 years IT experience and 3 years in a project management role
- Ability to systematically identify, document, and manage project requirements. Tracing the requirements from source through implementation and verification and controlling all requirements and scope change.
- Define project scope. Estimate time, cost, and resource requirements. Plan projects according to the advocated PM Methodology. Assess project risk and develop risk mitigation strategies. Use the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements.
- Ability to define the client’s requirements within the context of their business. Ability to assess the opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of a potential solution.
- Manage all aspect of post-sale implementation of a project.
- Ability to guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
City: TAGUIG CITY
State: National Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager (Japanese-speaking)
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH