Procurement Commodity Manager, Marketing
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202976
Position Title: Procurement Compliance Mgr (I)
The primary role of the Procurement Manager will be to have full ownership of the following commodities: Marketing Products and Services, Office Supplies, and Legal Services. Key areas of concentration include sourcing strategy development, sourcing process and supplier selection, contract negotiation and ongoing supplier management. Serve as the key decision maker on assigned commodity supply chain strategies and tactics. This position can be located either in Peachtree Corners, GA or at our headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Develop and execute documented sourcing strategies and establish/maintain effective supplier management relationships for assigned commodities. Utilize supplier development programs and identify/implement process improvement initiatives.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies in the sourcing process via e-commerce, supplier scorecards, supplier consolidation, etc.
- Develop, foster and promote relationships with internal constituents educating business representatives on processes, policies and benefits derived through the Procurement organization.
- Analyze factors/issues associated with commodity. Develop and submit recommendations/conclusions using high-level quantitative skills. Common responsibilities include; strategic operations analysis, identifying performance trends, scanning industry trends, reviewing operational analyses, spend and cost saving analysis, and interpreting and reporting commodity data.
- Develop, implement and execute tactical and strategic commodity plans internally and with suppliers (where applicable). Monitor assigned commodity market conditions, technology roadmaps, and identify supply/demand challenges.
- Conduct and evaluate Request for Proposals utilizing a variety of tools, resources and methods for effective cost reductions.
- Build financial models and provide analytical support for business initiatives. Prepare business reviews and ROI analysis. Coordinate and support preparation of business plans, monthly forecasts, annual spend and cost reduction plans.
- Apply advanced knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and industry practices to all aspects of the Teradata’s compliance program. Provide expertise to management and represent Teradata to outside business or regulatory personnel in matters relating to compliance.
- The selected candidate will take ownership of projects and drive them to completion understanding that the results will have a strong impact on the department's objectives.
Skills & Attributes
- Innovative and Resourceful - Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information
- Creative - Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply
- Adaptable - Adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change. Accepts and adapts to new or alternative approaches
- Excellent communication and problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
- Analytical – high comfort level with data driven analytics and reporting
- Strategist – applies innovative approaches to driving high value
- Ability to lead problem solving activity
- Effective resource management and project management skills/capabilities
- Strong forecasting, negotiations, and contract management skills
- Ability to indirectly influence and lead cross-BU and/or cross-functional teams, including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or with outside professionals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree in business (emphasis in Procurement or Supply Chain Management), operations management.
- Five to eight years analytical and effective resource management and project management skills/capabilities.
- Experience with Marketing Vendor Management and related products and services procurement.
- Experience in continual business process improvements
- Ability to directly influence and lead cross-BU and/or cross-functional teams, including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or with outside professionals
- MBA with practical work experience in Marketing Procurement
- Eight or more years of solid corporate procurement, quality, and/or process management experience, including at least five years’ experience with commodity management encompassing the entire procure to pay cycle.
- Experience with data mining and analysis techniques.
- Working understanding of the purchasing approved supplier list, vendor setup rules, supplier sourcing functionality, and the associated effects on purchasing execution process and systems
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Procurement Commodity Manager, Marketing
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US