Analytic Ecosystem Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202962
Position Title: Sr. IT Architect (I)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
As an Analytic Ecosystem Architect, you will be a member of our internal Analytics Platform team supporting a wide variety of Analytic technologies supporting the Teradata platform. The Analytics Platform team is an organization chartered to lifecycle manage our corporate analytic ecosystem comprised of Teradata products and services to deliver information and analytic capabilities to all Teradata business functions and external stakeholders. As being the leader in Data and Analytics, Teradata’s internal Analytics Platform will be our own first customer and represent the gold standard in how an Analytic’s organization should operate. The Analytics Platform team is comprised of resources skilled in Data Integration, Business Intelligence, Data Labs, Data Lakes, Data Architecture, and overall Analytics analysis. This development team utilizes an Agile development methodology to deliver their solutions to a globally dispersed user community.
You will navigate the organizations numerous product areas, build strong relationships with end users, stakeholders and vendors, as well as the overall IT technical development team. Your responsibilities will include coordinating with Teradata’s own internal Product Management team to ensure early adoption of solution components into the Analytic Ecosystem. An excellent understanding of modern Analytic architecture and supporting processes will be essential.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand the company’s business goals, IT plans, and architectures and articulate linkage to the proposed data warehouse architecture and application designs.
- Design and develop the architecture, roadmap, and standards for the enterprise data warehouse ecosystem that will align with Teradata’s own product roadmap.
- Design and develop a technical architecture for integration of the analytic ecosystem into the company’s enterprise.
- Be a trusted advisor to the Analytic Platform team by establishing credibility and expertise in analytics technology and Teradata’s solution offerings.
- Work with Teradata IT project managers and/or solution providers to scope projects and develop statements of work, project plans, and risk assessments.
- Provide technical thought leadership and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out efforts of new ecosystem components.
- Make hardware sizing and configuration recommendations.
- Participate actively in the management of technology providers.
- Establish effective working relationships with Teradata Product Development, Teradata Alliance Management, Teradata Technology Partners, and Teradata technology vendors.
- In depth knowledge of new techniques, models, processes, methodologies, and plans within architecture disciplines.
- Excellent understanding of industry standards and technology trends.
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area – leveraging Teradata SME’s in company’s consulting organization, as well as external consultants when needed.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with technology providers of the Data Warehouse program.
- The Open Group Architecture Framework ( TOGAF ) experience
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Strong MS Office skills required.
- Experience with the ERwin data modeling tool a plus
- SQL and Analytic Skills
- Hands on experience with relational DBMS, with Teradata experience desired.
- Good understanding of ETL processes and ETL best practices.
- Experience/ familiarity with Business Intelligence tools.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Big Data technologies a plus
- Excellent teaming and communication skills.
- Strong consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent Information Technology discipline
- Master’s Degree in MIS, MBA or Analytics / Business Intelligence preferred
- 15+ years of related Information Technology Management or Data Warehousing – experience with Teradata and/or Teradata Partner products a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Analytic Ecosystem Architect
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US