Senior DevOps Software Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 202948
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)-NoCal
Teradata's Product Development Group is seeking an experienced Senior DevOps engineer to join our DevOps team in designing and implementing “single-click” deployment solutions to deploy advanced analytics software stacks to private cloud (VmWare), public clouds (AWS, Azure) and to on-premise bare-metal appliances. This engineer will also be involved in designing and developing build automation, source control, static and dynamic code analysis tools and be responsible to implement CI/CD infrastructure and automation.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Enabling “Teradata everywhere” business strategy with automated deployments to IntelliCloud, IntelliFlex, AWS and Azure.
- Enable automated installs and upgrades of Teradata products in all the deployment models
- Use state of the art technology that includes Stacki, Ansible, Rundeck etc. to enable automation for CI/CD
- Enabled consistent build automation, code coverage, static analysis and packaging across products
Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements
- Functional knowledge of Python, Shell Scripting and Ansible
- Software development and construction tools (including makefiles and SCons)
- Experience in automating deployment of apps to AWS and Azure
- Experience in build automation and CI/CD automation with deep understanding of Jenkins
- Experience with SVN and GHE source control systems. Experience in migrating from SVN to GHE is a plus
- Experience with automating applications on Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with Stacki to automate deployment on bare-metal appliances
- Knowledge of operating systems, Linux systems programming, and programming languages
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement new products and product strategies
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- C, C++ and Java experience a plus
- Experience with deploying to Hadoop a plus
Preferred Experience and Education:
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related study) and 5 to 8 years of experience OR
- M.S. in Computer Science (or related study) and 3 to 5 years of experience
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US