Senior Business Systems Analyst – Customer Support & Service
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202944
Position Title: Software/Sys Eng Analyst (II)
The Senior Business Systems Analyst, reporting to the Director/Senior Manager of Customer Support & Services, will be accountable for delivering technology-enabled solutions in support of the Teradata customer service & support roadmap. Teradata is under-going transformational change of the organization, processes, and systems. We are about to take our customer support & service technology to a cloud platform, which will allow us to retire a great deal of legacy, home-grown applications. While some legacy applications will remain, the focus will be on the new cloud platform. We desire an experienced BSA to help drive us forward in the customer support & service space.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for requirements gathering, facilitation of business process discussions, solution design and documentation, application administration & configuration, testing, and end-user support.
• Provide direction and leadership in promoting and implementing best practice solutions for both business process and technology.
• Partner with our managed service provider and vendors to proactively address problems and troubleshoot production issues.
• Contribute to the delivery of recurring platform releases.
• Provide customer support & service subject-matter expertise for projects spanning multiple business units and technologies.
• Contribute to and assist in managing the roadmap for customer support & service technology enhancements.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of BSA experience supporting customer support & service technology (case management, knowledge management, etc.) in a complex, publicly-traded, global organization.
• Hand-on experience with ServiceNow configuration in one or more of the following areas: Customer Service Management (strongly preferred), IT Service Management (ITSM), and IT Operations Management (ITOM).
• Hands-on experience with ServiceNow platform capabilities, including Service Portal, Service Catalog, Knowledge Base, Workflow, Change Management, Incident Management, Event Management, and Configuration Management.
• Integration of ServiceNow into a complex information technology eco-system, including back-office applications such as Salesforce, ERP, etc.
• Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology.
• Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
• Demonstrated experience with global teams.
• Proven ability to continuously improve outcomes and processes.
• Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
• Effectively use data to make better decisions.
• Ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
• Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
Education & Special Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
• Master's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines, or MBA, is preferred.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst – Customer Support & Service
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US