Lead Technical Program Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202924
Position Title: Project Manager (IV)
Lead Technical Program Manager
The Lead Technical Program Manager plans, schedules, monitors and directs complex Teradata programs to implement a solution meeting agreed customer requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Program Manager may manage a collection of multiple projects, each of which may have Project Managers assigned, or directly manage multiple large and complex project or strategic program solutions. The Program Manager is able to lead projects to implement end to end Cloud solutions and to guide the implementation team toward the delivery of the solution on time, within budget and in accordance with the client’s requirements. The Program Manager is a senior level position and manages programs for business-critical products.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead the scoping, planning, and implementation of Teradata IntelliCloud programs. Responsible for program development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying program requirements, resource requirements, program budget, program risks and the translation of business requirements into specific deliverables.
• Lead Teradata IntelliCloud implementation projects of moderate to high complexity, or a collection of multiple smaller projects.
• Ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget, and within expectations for quality and functionality.
• Manage day-to-day relationship with stakeholders and resolution of all issues.
• Maintains and communicates project status to all stakeholders in reports and meetings.
• Manage a small team of Project Managers.
• Manages complex program administration. Maintains project plans and related documents. Coaches and manages sub-project managers in their project administration.
• Coordinate quality assurance audits with senior program managers, PMOs, and other members of the team.
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
B.S. degree in Business or Technical discipline required (or equivalent experience)
10 years of large IT project management experience
Strong background in technology
Strong understanding and experience using Agile Methodology
Ability to create decks and presentations; take data and build a story
Structured and well defined processes
Cloud and Big Data implementation experience, plus industry-specific knowledge
Experience at working effectively in highly challenging environments
Experience working with clients at all levels, including C-level management
Experience managing complex, technology projects including software development and systems integration
Strong negotiation skills
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Program Manager
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US