Tax Analyst-SEA region
Location: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH
Requisition Number: 202906
Position Title: Tax Analyst (IV)
The Senior Tax Analyst - SEA region has primary responsibility for assisting with the Company’s local country tax compliance and financial reporting within the SEA region, which includes Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand (until the Thailand entity is deregistered). Responsibilities include assisting with the local and US income tax provision process for financial reporting purposes, including assistance with income tax packages to be utilized for external US GAAP financial reporting. In addition, the position will manage the 3rd party outsourcing partner related to foreign country income and indirect tax compliance for the SEA region. This position reports to the Senior Taxation Manager – APJ.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with the accurate reporting through income tax provision packages current and deferred income tax liabilities for all foreign legal entities and branches within the SEA region, including liaising with the Controllers’ Group in determining US GAAP to local statutory adjustments and estimating statutory to income tax adjustments.
- Work with APJ local country controllers to help ensure appropriate compliance and accounting policies/procedures are followed with regard to all local country taxes, including withholding/VAT/GST and other indirect Taxes (except for those related to Payroll and Customs Duties.)
- Work directly with 3rd party outsource provider and Controllers’ Group to help ensure timely and accurate tax return filings are completed.
- Assist with oversight / maintenance of SEA local country tax initiatives, including working with Controllers Group to ensure that company transfer pricing policies are being reflected and accurately documented for US GAAP and statutory purposes.
- Assist with managing Income and Indirect Tax Audit within the SEA Region using outside service provider.
- Preparation of quarterly Tax account reconciliations.
- Assist with tax planning projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Recent tax accounting experience with familiarity of US GAAP reporting requirements for income taxes (FAS 109) preferred
- 4-5+ years minimum accounting/tax experience required; knowledge of local tax rules in SEA countries preferred
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team player
- Strong communication/ documentation skills in English required
This position is based in Manila.
City: TAGUIG CITY
State: National Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Analyst-SEA region
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH