Cloud Systems Software Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 202894
Position Title: Engineer (II)-NoCal
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
This Software Engineer position is responsible for all phases of software development life cycle from software design, Service operations through customer support. We are looking for someone who is willing to jump in and learn some of the cloud technologies and help us build a highly scalable cloud service.
- Handling complex dependencies in software design, implementation, testing, documentation and support and maintenance activities as well as software packaging
- Build low friction APIs, highly responsive web UIs, and the backend to support them.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and QA
- First-level test engineer with excellent analyst skills
- Use knowledge and experience to influence the design and implementation approaches and solutions
- BS with 0-2 years of experience or Master/PHd degree
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- A passion for cloud technology, API design, and responsive UX
- Ability to build an end-to-end user experience as part of a service oriented product.
- Java programming experience or course work
- Web-based development experience
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with cloud services like AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Experience with Java IDE’s, Source Control and Problem Tracking tools
- Previous/current Teradata experience or knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Systems Software Engineer
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US