Americas Revenue Recognition Manager
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 202856
Position Title: Planning Analyst (IV)
The Revenue Recognition Manager manages the accounting revenue recognition process for the Americas region. They serve as internal expert and technical reference on revenue recognition matters on complex hardware/software solution sales, including multiple element arrangements. They work with Americas’ sales force as well as with other departments to structure transactions in accordance with accounting guidance and ensure revenue is recorded accurately in the accounting systems.
- Review transactions to identify and manage contract terms including but not limited to delivery, collectability, and contingencies
- Participate in contract bid reviews
- Communicate impact of terms that are unusual or prohibitive to revenue recognition and offer business partners alternative structures
- Produce written revenue recognition memos and checklists for large transactions
- Manage in-region internal audit of revenue
- Work to continuously improve revenue processes and documentation
- Work with Corporate Revenue team
- Educate the Americas planning team on the Teradata Global Revenue Policy
- In Region Expert for Workday Revenue Recognition tool
- Working knowledge of software revenue recognition literature including Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 606 and other related revenue recognition accounting literature.
- Strong technical level of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), including software and multiple element arrangement accounting.
- Total experience of at least 10 years, preferably with a public company
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong financial reporting and accounting skills
- Detail oriented with strong documentation skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a written and oral manner with senior management
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Americas Revenue Recognition Manager
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US