Test Engineering Intern
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 202854
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment at Teradata, a place to brainstorm with the best engineering minds and surprise yourself with what's possible every day.
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a student intern for a summer position as a Test Engineer, to optimize test coverage and test processes for continuous integration tests and regression tests during feature releases for the Customer Interaction Manager and Real-Time Interaction Manager products. The Test Engineer will be a change agent who can streamline tests processes with the goal of simultaneously improving quality, content delivery, and schedule in an automated environment. The candidate will be well versed in automation technologies, automated deployment, scripting, and virtualized/cloud environments. The candidate will be capable of designing next generation testing solutions to enable continuous integration testing, capturing key metrics to allow deep analysis of the behavior of the system under test.The Test Engineer will facilitate the automation and maintenance of test scenarios developed by Sustaining, Feature, and Automation test teams and optimize test execution. The Test Engineer will also assist in running regression tests that cannot be automated and with the validation of bug fixes as needed. The Test Engineer must have a strong grasp of various testing methodologies including test cause authoring, functional and regression testing.
- Manage release requirements and ensure all requirements are met for product delivery
- Participate in Agile development processes with a focus on test case authoring and automated testing to support software quality efforts
- Create and execute complex test plans and procedures that mimic real-life customer scenarios.
- Build out and enhance our various test cases and process to ensure that our system performance and reliability exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Troubleshoot issues and tests; analyze product resource utilization and recommend alternatives to improve product stability.
- Assist product engineers in the identification and resolution of product defects.
- Provide suggestions for improving testing efficiency
- Facilitate the automation of test cases from customer issues, feature development, and customer use cases and their incorporation into the appropriate test suites
- Assist in the execution of necessary tests that cannot be automated
- Track real-time test metrics in a comprehensive and detailed way that provides transparency and actionable data representation for the teams and leadership
- Previous programming and scripting experience (preferably with Java, Python, JMeter, TestNG/Junit and EclipseIDE
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Ability to create and execute database queries to validate data and seed test data as required for testing
- Experience setting up and maintaining application environments (Windows, Linux, Tomcat, Apache HTTDP configuration)
- Experience with GIT, Bamboo and or code coverage tools like Sonar/Clover is preferred
- 2+ years of curriculum in pursuit of B. S. in Computer Science or related field
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineering Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US