IAM – Identity and Access Management Engineer – Cloud Foundational Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202819
Position Title: Engineer (IV)
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics in the cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs with cloud-based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata IntelliCloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata Product Development Group is looking for DevOps Engineers to work in our Teradata IntelliCloud group. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for front to back ownership of foundational services such as Identity and Access Management. We’re looking for people who have done this before, and can help drive the journey for Teradata IntelliCloud. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
• You are centered to help design and operate highly available systems and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments.
- Build, configure, and support Identity and Access management Services like but not limited to Privileged Access Management infrastructure, Active Directory, RSA 2F Services, etc.
- A good understanding of well-known Authentication and Authorization standards – SAML, OAUTH, Open ID connect, WS FED, etc
- Focus on executing IntelliCloud’ s IAM strategy
- Windows automation including power shell scripting
- Metric driven and focused on continual improvement
• Decompose manual workflows, and design/implement automation solutions
- Design/implement self-service experiences
- Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
• Automation is in your DNA – not satisfied with performing repeatable work. Automate wherever you can
- Self-Service – develop self-service capabilities so consumers can use the service without requiring manual action
• System and IT Operations including on-call duties.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience with identity and access management technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD, Centrify, OneLogin, Okta, or comparable technologies (including integration – LDAP/SAML/OAUTH/RADIUS, etc)
- Strong Understanding of IAM concepts like but not limited to SSO, Kerberos, MFA, Risk based authentication, Authorization standards
- Experience with identity integration with microservices including a good understanding of JSON
- Experience working with complex network topologies
• Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Nagios, DataDog, AppDynamics, NewRelic
• Experience with Logging technologies such as ELK, Splunk
• Experience with writing unit testing
- Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
• Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Strong code/scripting skills in Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, bash
- Experience working with IaaS/Infrastructure as Code tools, such as CloudFormation, Terraform, etc
- Experience with delivering software through CI/CD would be a plus
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems would be a plus
- Experience with Windows automation and Linux automation would be a plus
- Experience working in cloud environments/IaaS – AWS, Azure would be a plus
- Experience with Identity cloud services like OKTA, Centrify, PingIdentity would be a plus
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: IAM – Identity and Access Management Engineer – Cloud Foundational Services
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US