Region Counsel EMEA
Location: MUNICH, Bavaria DE
Requisition Number: 202793
Position Title: Attorney (VIII)
Teradata is the leading cloud analytics software provider that leverages 100% of the data to uncover real-time intelligence, at scale. We enable companies to rise above the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics landscape, finding answers to the toughest challenges, and powering the new era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
A Region Counsel is required to manage and continuously improve the Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) legal function and to provide expert legal advice to the Teradata sales organization across EMEA.
Education and Experience:
- A qualified attorney in home jurisdiction with a minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience in house with a technology MNC or TMT practice in a law firm.
- Deep experience of commercial, employment law and data-privacy/protection law and managing legal projects to completion.
- Experience of effective senior-executive-level communications, interactions, advice and counseling.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Managing and motivating an EMEA-based team of experienced lawyers and contracts managers who provide expert contracting advice, drafting and negotiation of IT and commercial contracts for Teradata sales organizations across EMEA.
- Country-specific responsibility may likely be required. For example, the successful candidate will likely be required to provide expert contracting support for one or more countries within EMEA, consistent with bandwidth.
- Strong software licensing and commercial transactions experience, preferably both domestic and international. IT outsourcing, cloud computing and SaaS experience is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
- Provide day to day strategic and solution-focused employment, corporate governance, M&A and data protection law advice to key business leaders.
- Looking for an experienced individual who can manage all aspects of a busy multi-jurisdictional legal team in the technology sector, including a broad range of commercial law, employment law, data protection law and M&A.
- A solution-focused, problem-solving approach is absolutely essential, providing pragmatic legal advice to solve complex problems in the business.
- Ability to communicate, problem-solve and develop excellent working relationships with senior-executive-level managers from other disciplines across the EMEA region.
- The successful candidate will serve on Teradata’s EMEA leadership
- In-depth knowledge of US revenue recognition rules and ability to interpret those to support the EMEA business is a must.
- Previous experience managing a team of lawyers is preferable but not essential if the candidate has strong personal, communication and collegiate skills.
- Must be tough and able to work autonomously and to stand one’s ground and to work with initiative and creativity. Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines.
- Frequent and regular travel is an absolute essential in this role. The most senior business client will be primarily based in our London office and so on-site London presence will be frequently required, often at short notice and unsociable hours.
- Preferably London but other EMEA locations will be considered.
- Will require frequent and regular domestic and overseas travel.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Region Counsel EMEA
Job Category: Legal
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: MUNICH, Bavaria DE