Senior Software Engineer in Analytics
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 202771
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)-NoCal
We are an energetic team of bright analytical and engineering minds that are passionate about creating powerful, high performant and scalable analytic solutions on our recently launched, state of the art MPP analytics platform called Vantage. We love to innovate and create state of the art analytics on which our customers can rely to solve some of the world’s toughest problems with data. We have a great collaborative environment of engineers and PhDs with strong skills in data science and excellent software engineering skills.
As a member of the Teradata Data Science engineering group, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other members of the team to design and implement highly performant analytic solutions that leverage both, current highly parallel functions in Vantage as well as new functions that span statistics, pattern matching, text analytics, time series, clustering, classification, graph analytics, association analytics, and deep learning. You will collaborate with engineers, architects and product managers to propose and implement new analytic solutions that solve challenging problems that our customers face. When solutions require, you will research state of the art algorithms, innovate, experiment, prototype and write enterprise quality functions that can process massive data at linear scalability and high performance. You will also have the opportunity to work on features that facilitate the operationalization of the analytic solutions. There is lots of room for innovation that can lead to intellectual property (patents) and you will have the great satisfaction of getting the results of your work into a top of the line product that helps many of the 1000 Fortune companies solve the toughest analytic problems.
- Collaborate closely with platform architects and team engineers for end to end design and implementation of highly performant and scalable multi-engine analytic solutions.
- Research, design and implement highly parallelized and scalable machine learning algorithms that are components of the solutions.
- Research, design and implement features that facilitate the operationalization of the analytic functions and solutions.
- Work with the QA team to develop tests and metrics to ensure the high quality of our analytic functions, solutions and features
- Evaluate, investigate, and optimize the performance of the analytic functions and solutions.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative algorithms and technologies and presenting them for architectural review
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Foundations in the theory behind data science algorithms
- Mastery in Java, Python, Scala.
- Strong software engineering skills
• Ability to design and implement advanced analytics solutions
- Ability and passion to iteratively assess, tune and improve the quality to make highly competitive analytics
• Good understanding of distributed systems and parallel data processing
• Experience in performance optimization, and in building high performance data processing applications
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
• Experience with test-driven development
• Ability to work closely and collaborate with others in the team and across functional groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- MS/PhD degree in computer science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of relevant industry or research experience preferred
- Experience with text analytics
- Experience with deep learning
- Experience in developing database applications
- Experience in Spark and TensorFlow
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience with R, SAS, Matlab
We have offices in Santa Clara, CA in the Bay Area, in San Diego, CA and in Austin, TX. This is a fast-paced high tech environment and sometimes may require extended hours and after-hours. The environment is informal and collaborative.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer in Analytics
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US