Industry Consultant - Financial Foundation - Accounting Ops, Spend Optimization & CFO Office
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 202661
Position Title: Consulting Director (I) â�� Business
Industry Consultant - Financial Foundation - Accounting Ops, Spend Optimization & CFO Office
Location - New York, Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Washington D.C., or Chicago
The Finance Foundation Industry Consultant (IC) possesses extensive domain knowledge and contacts within the business process and analytic operations of the CFO’s and Controller’s office and will help the Teradata Consulting go-to-market team to shape and promote consultative solutions – that help our clients drive successful business outcomes and that set the stage to pull through Teradata data and analytic solutions and applications. The IC articulates industry vision and trends and provides industry knowledge to shape and lead marketing and sales activities in concert with Account Executives and System Architects and other enterprise resources. The IC understands and promotes the business value associated with data warehouse applications, big data analytics, business intelligence, and advanced analytics. The IC establishes or enhances executive level relationships, provides subject matter expertise on engagements, and identifies new target opportunities emerging within the industry. The IC will be expected to deliver a proportion of time to high-level client billable consulting to our targeted accounts and oversee the development of the client engagement model for additional services. The IC will capture customer use cases and share industry related knowledge internally within Teradata. The IC plays an active role in pre-sale and post-sale activity, ensuring a long-term partnership with Teradata clients.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Deep, relevant, creative and competitive subject matter expertise to both support and lead sales engagements and commercially successful implementations/deployments. Focused on establishing strong Teradata credibility with relevant and successful outcomes for client’s business and economic buyers. Critical and indispensable partner in future Teradata go-to-market strategy and competitiveness. The IC position requires an individual utilization target to ensure constant relevance and market knowledge.
The Go-to-Market team will be a critical component to the Product Management discipline of Teradata. Synthesizing market information, competitive data, client feedback and sales success into a universal value proposition-based, highly repeatability and high margin solutions. The IC:
- Collaborates with Area and Regional sales teams to develop sales strategies and drive / support sales and delivery of Teradata, Teradata Applications, Teradata Vantage platform, and other products, with a focus on providing value to the Finance and Accounting leadership.
- Provides and develops content for RFI/RFP responses and sales proposals.
- Understands the customer’s business, company profile, business plans, and key initiatives.
- Interprets the customer’s business needs and requirements to Teradata, Teradata Aster, and Hadoop applications, solutions, and consulting services.
- Provides finance and accounting subject matter expertise on client engagements through deep industry knowledge and experience.
- Scopes, develops, and proposes business opportunity plans for evolving enterprise data warehouses and Big Data environments with Teradata prospects and clients.
- Mentors Teradata consultants on engagements to infuse finance and accounting industry knowledge into their specific technical consulting or business consulting expertise.
- Build value in their practice through the development, contribution, and reuse of consulting assets.
- All Consultants are expected to build value in themselves through continuous education. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor-led and web-based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- Possesses exceptional entrepreneurial and relationship skills and the comfort and ability to actively lead and participate in project delivery.
- IC Consultant will have Opportunity/Account Support (60%), Delivery (30%) and iP/Thought Leadership Creation (20%).
In-depth knowledge and business consulting experience of the industry or domain - Finance Foundation, specifically, including the understanding of finance / accounting business processes and advanced analytic operations and understanding of the future trends which will impact the CFO/Controller’s office.
Key skills sets include:
- Deep knowledge of profitability analytics, spend analytics, HR analytics, risk analytics, and compliance and audit analytics.
- Ability to establish, build and grow trust with client through successfully solving complex business problems or create the environment to enable these solutions;
- Proven ability to negotiate and establish viable commercial agreements;
- Comfort with senior level involvement and engagement in project delivery including escalation, critical path remediation and change management.
GENERAL INDUSTRY CONSULTANT REQUIREMENTS
All Teradata solutions including analytics, EDW, AI, Analytics Ops, Industry based solutions/innovations and associated services and consulting will need to be augmented with specific industry relevance and the application of those technologies to solve materially impactful business challenges – risk transparency, operational effectiveness, client/customer personalization and intimacy and fundamentally be able to empower profit and success with the client.
Key skills sets include: 1. Ability to establish, build and grow trust with client through successfully solving complex business problems or create the environment to enable these solutions; 2. Proven ability to negotiate and establish viable commercial agreements; 3. Comfort with senior level involvement and engagement in project delivery including escalation, critical path remediation and change management. 4. Fluent and deeply relevant knowledge of market, and competitive topography combined with an ability to creatively solve complex business problems through positioning of Teradata products and services is table stakes. Differentiation comes with the ability to drive creative, not before considered solutions and answers and execute delivery of material success at our customers and the strong, trusting partnership that such successes create. 5. Success in this role includes "ownership" of the solution – be involved in the deployment and management of the project as a critical part of the project team.
Bringing much more knowledge, questioning and input into the sales process timeline, close date expectations, pricing and margin planning for consulting projects, the IC will become a critical balance against over extension of financial and sales close projections. Input and even crafting well organized and achievable SoWs with more deliberate risk management will be a key focus for the team, as well as establishing more accurate and predictable close and revenue realization start dates. The IC, their knowledge of the client, their relationship with the subject matter expertise are all critical inputs into establishing more predictable sales and project metrics.
Account Executive and field force, Consulting Execution, Data Science and Managed Services Team and direct interface with the client (specifically business buyers, though some technology buyer coverage) within both sales and execution.
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel is also expected.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Industry Consultant - Financial Foundation - Accounting Ops, Spend Optimization & CFO Office
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US