Software Engineer (III)
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 202635
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
C/C++ Software Engineer
Design, code, and test enhancements for Teradata database software for Aster integration. The candidate will need to acquire or have knowledge of 1) strong database concepts with SQL knowledge 2) statistical algorithms for parallel in-database execution, 3) in depth knowledge of Teradata internals focusing on kernel, optimizer areas and extensibility features such as table operators, QueryGrid extensions 4) understanding of the Aster analytics functions and features that are required to be integrated into Teradata software.
The candidate will be required to contribute to feature design specifications as well as analyse low to medium complex requirements for complex feature development. Candidate is required to participate in the feature development using the agile development methodology. Ability to analyse code for functional and performance defects and correction of those defects is required. Focus on quality with excellent coding skills, attention to details and sound unit testing is required. Ability to contribute to test plans and test and code reviews is expected. This is an individual contributor position reporting to an Engineering Manager.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline with 6 to 8 years of working experience as Software Engineer using C/C++ programming languages
- Masterâ€™s degree in computer science, computer engineering with 5 to 7 years of working experience as Software Engineer using C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with large-scale, enterprise C/C++ software development. Working knowledge of Java would be an added advantage
- Strong data structure and algorithms fundamentals
- Self-motivated and self-organizing individual, with a high capacity for rapid learning and having meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database concepts either thru academic knowledge or working exposure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective team player and experienced in software development life cycle. Use of Agile methodologies and tolls will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills in parallel processing environment/software with strong IPC and parallel programming fundamentals
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong background in Statistics/mathematics/Data Science/analytics through academic or working exposure
- Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems is highly desirable
- Sound software engineering principles
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (III)
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN