Transportation & Logistics Manager
Location: Columbia, South Carolina US
Requisition Number: 202613
Position Title: Logistics Manager
Teradata wants to streamline and enhance our logistics systems and processes to enable business growth while reducing costs and continuously improving service. Our dynamic team of highly experienced professionals is what continues to drive us forward.
We need a detail-oriented, innovative, logistics leader to join our Global Operations department as the Global Transportation and Logistics (T&L) Manager in Columbia, SC. You’ll lead service and spend performance across a multi-modal transportation program, with an emphasis on air freight forwarders, small parcel, and truckload carriers. You possess extensive knowledge of transportation networks, carriers, supply chain data analytics, and experience managing cross-docking locations and 3PL’s. To be successful, you have a precise attention to detail to oversee daily operations, logistics personnel and systems. In our quarter-end driven environment, you can quickly follow-through to ensure essential deliveries gets to where they ought to be. You own the gift for getting involved in the process from the start right until the very end, resolving any problems arising along the way.
- Oversee the development and implementation of global logistic supplier strategy
- Assess and manage supplier KPIs and Scorecards
- Manage and develop strong partnerships with functional areas of the business including 3PL, carriers and supplier partners
- Build, implement, and maintain an efficient, resilient transportation network
- Work with Global Service Logistics Manager to move product parts through a global transportation network in an effective manner
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of import/export compliance rules and regulations, including tariffs, export licensing, duties, and taxes
- Work closely with a diverse team, including IT, AP, Finance, Order Management and other essential departments in the organization
- Supporting mission-critical 24x7x365 logistic services which may involve working occasional weekend and evening hours
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to help the international team develop skills and meet goals
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, finance, business or relevant experience
- 5+ years in a progressive logistics leadership role
- Proven leader with expertise in enhancing global logistics networks
- Thorough understanding of complicated shipping and warehousing activities
- Knowledge of customs clearing process, including international regulatory procedures and documentation
- Highly analytical, with strong attention to detail
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- Excellent communicator with an ability to solve complex problems
- Reachable outside of standard working hours as needed
What Teradata Offers You
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our Columbia, SC campus in Lexington. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Transportation & Logistics Manager
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US