Information Security & Platform Engineer
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 202601
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (II)
Islamabad or Lahore
Systems Engineering Practice is the part of Data Foundation Practice. This practice is responsible to help our customers in the following areas but not limited to -
- Define infrastructure requirements for platform software components deployment
- Determine the deployment strategy, processes and sequence for platform software components
- Consult and design with the customer and the Delivery teams on the correct Infrastructure design and scoping near term and long-term infrastructure requirements
- Evaluate and assess current Infrastructure environments, determine corrections or augmentation requirements in line with requirements
- Proper best practices approach to platform software distribution
- Proper configuration assessments and performance tuning
- Configure and Optimize; Open Source tools and products not included in a Hadoop
- High Availability solutions – to provide a more fault tolerant environment
- This role requires the ability to provide guidance and direction to the customer in the deployment and operation of the engagement’s infrastructure platforms and secured from all the internal and external information security threats.
- Installation, configuration and optimization of Hadoop platforms and other associated Big Data technologies.
- Installation and configuration of different Hadoop distributions and its upgrade.
- Troubleshoot environment issues.
- Solid knowledge of security and authentication including AD, LDAP, Kerberos and SSL
- Integration of LDAP/AD with different Hadoop applications like Hue, CLI, R-Studio, Kylo, NiFi and other Hadoop and Cloudera tools.
- Should have an exposure of installation and configuration of Hadoop data governance and authorization tools like Atlas, Sentry, Ranger etc.
- Should have an experience or understand in OS hardening.
- Determine the requirements for a customer deployment to allow collaborative effort with the engineering and development teams, including both Teradata and customer teams and stakeholders.
- Perform impact analysis and compatibility of different Hadoop tools and technologies.
- Participate in the delivery of IP assets for use by the practice to minimize the delivery time
- Conduct research and determine recommendations for performance and operational improvements.
- Work with Teradata customers/PS on implementing Hadoop Security
- Implement, install and configure best security best practice
- Contribute to Knowledge Management – Re-usable Assets, Adoption of new tools/technologies
- Assist in Practice growth
- Readiness to travel
- 5+ years total IT experience with strong technical background and 3-4 years in Big data platform management focusing on Admin, installation, configuration.
- Knowledge of the major Hadoop Distributions (Hortonworks, Cloudera, Apache Foundation) installation and compatibleness with other technologies
- Should have good understanding of technical systems, including enterprise, distributed and n-tier systems across multiple domains
- Experience in upgrading the Big Data environment.
- Solid understanding the security aspect of Big Data ecosystem.
- Should have very good proficiency with Linux / Unix OS.
- Should be able to work with Infrastructure Team / DevOPS and other IT stake holders.
- Experience with migrating legacy systems to Big data environments using Big Data ETL tools
- Understanding of any RDBMS technologies, including Teradata, MS-SQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, and MySQL.
- Experience of coaching junior team members
- Hadoop Certification of at least 1 Hadoop distribution (Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR) in Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Information Security & Platform Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK