Hyperion HFM System Administrator
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 202597
Position Title: Accounting Specialist (III)
The Hyperion HFM administrator is a member of the accounting consolidations team. This role performs various tasks to assist in completing the monthly accounting close and reporting process, and preparing of financial statements for both internal and external stakeholders. This role acts as a system administrator for the company’s accounting consolidation tool – Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). This position also assists in providing supporting documentation for the company’s annual financial compliance activities, including annual financial audit, and annual Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 certifications. This role is also responsible for making updates to the company’s chart of accounts (adding new cost centers, financial accounts, project codes, and related mappings between our GL and consolidations system).
- Assist with all Hyperion functions as they relate to supporting the monthly accounting close and reporting process.
- Conduct periodic maintenance to the corporate chart of accounts (adding/deleting cost centers, financial accounts, project codes, etc, as necessary) and other metadata and mapping changes.
- Assess how the system can help support changes in the business environment including acquisitions, dispositions, retrospective application of new accounting standards, executing plans, and developing future plans to leverage the application technology.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of data sources and data outputs.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors, as needed.
- Facilitate administration of HFM environment as well as ensure compliance with policies, procedures and controls.
- Participate in project planning, scheduling, communication and implementation tasks.
- Assist with metadata and data to support Hyperon Financial Management and Hyperion Planning, as needed.
- Assist in the development and support of Hyperion Financial Management applications.
- Perform Hyperion application build tasks and activities (calculation build and modification using Calculation Manager, test and revision, business rules, web-forms, task lists, work flow, etc).
- Assist with Hyperion Report development as needed.
- Provide training to internal resources as needed.
- Maintain enterprise system and process design standards as well as system documentation.
- Provide support, research and resolve issues for HFM environment.
- Familiarity with accounting system procedures, and various General Ledger systems
- An orientation toward positive change and continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills are required for this position
- Understanding of the difference between internal and external reporting requirements
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis
- Demonstrates an ability to be a quick learner with a desire to continually build his/her skill set and experiences to better serve both internal and external customers
- Ability to be flexible and adapt approaches based on the situation presented and evolving business needs
- Strong time management skills and effectively able to prioritize tasks as needed
- Ability to work constructively under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills to conduct training sessions and engage with business partners in a local and global setting effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 2-4 years Hyperion Administrator experience (certification preferred).
- 5-7 years of relevant accounting and/or systems experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- A continuous improvement mindset
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: JOHNS CREEK
Community / Marketing Title: Hyperion HFM System Administrator
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US