Senior Manager, Integration Technology
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202546
Position Title: IT Manager (I)
The Senior Manager, Integration technology, reporting to the Senior Director of Information Technology Services (ITS) Applications, will be accountable for the integration of all applications in Teradata’s ecosystem, including applications supporting Finance, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Workforce, HR, and Customer Support/Service. Teradata is under-going transformational change of the organization, processes, and systems. We have recently deployed Workday, SharePoint, and Salesforce, and will soon deploy FinancialForce as well as new solutions for CPQ and ERP. We desire an experienced technology leader and change catalyst to help drive us forward in the integration space.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the architecture, design, development, quality, and delivery of the integration of Teradata’s enterprise applications. You are empowered to own this space!
- Recruit, develop, and retain a world-class team of technology professionals. Yes, that means your team is growing and you get to hire!
- Take to the next level an existing strong partnership with business leadership. Do you believe in good to great? How about great to world-class?
- Manage roadmaps and associated backlogs. That’s right, these are typically product management functions. Your team will partner with the business and applications teams to define priorities and then deliver.
- Advocate for your technology by defining non-functional initiatives to migrate to SaaS, rationalize redundancies, remediate tech debt, refresh outdated technology, and improve high availability and disaster recovery. Not all requirements come from the business.
- Partner with the business, other application leaders, operations, vendors, and managed service providers to deliver on commitments. It really does take a village to deliver an ecosystem. There are a lot of dependencies between applications, so you’ll need to manage up, out, and down to deliver. And delivery is your highest priority!
- Continuously improve work processes within your team and between ITS teams. The silos are coming down!
- Work with our managed service provider to facilitate on-boarding of new applications and technologies into the scope of the managed services agreement. Consider the MSP to be an extension of your engineering team; keep what is core and leverage the MSP for context.
- Partner with the Service Delivery Manager to manage the business relationship with software vendors including new licenses, renewals, maintenance agreements, statements of work, invoices, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10+ years of software engineering leadership experience (including 5+ years at the Manager level) with a focus on integration in a complex, publicly-traded, global organization.
- Demonstrated strength in integration architecture including defining and implementing integration patterns. [You have a copy of Enterprise Integration Patterns on your nightstand]
- Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology.
- Experience with Informatica as an integration technology.
- Experience with a variety of hosting models, including on-premise, vendor cloud, public cloud, and SaaS.
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse resources focused on delivering great engineering outcomes, including: architects, solution designers, business systems analysts, and software engineers.
- Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with global teams.
- Proven ability to continuously improve outcomes and processes.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proven change leadership skills; challenges traditional way of doing things; influences across the organization, effectively leading change, originating ideas, and championing and gaining commitment.
- Experience influencing, and presenting to, senior IT and business stakeholders.
- Effectively use data to make better decisions.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
Education & Special Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
- Master's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines, or MBA, is preferred.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Integration Technology
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US