DevOps Automation Engineer
Location: Milan, Lombardia IT
Requisition Number: 202535
Position Title: PS Consultant (I)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
As an Automation Engineer you will help build and support the next iteration of analytics platforms which will leverage cutting edge tech like containerization and cloud services, supporting Teradata customers build high performing systems to handle the analytical challenges now and in the future.
The Analytics Automation Engineer is a member of the software development practice at Think Big Analytics, which is the consulting organisation of Teradata. As part of this team you will work on the forefront of emerging technology, creating and optimizing tools that enable our customers to work better and more efficiently.
- Help customers with architecting and implementing solutions that solve complicated challenges around performance, scaling, and security in an analytics landscape.
- Collaboration with teams to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development.
- Help customers instrument and improve on monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
- Help define solutions to enable customers to respond to outages and alerts quickly to ensure availability of services.
- Work with customers to implement DevOps methods.
- Help customers understand how to automate processes to increase efficiencies wherever possible.
- Assist data science teams in the delivery and management of data models leveraging software delivery best practices and best in class tooling.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical degree or relevant work experience equivalent.
- 2+ Years’ experience working with Bash, Python or Go or related.
- 2+ Years’ experience with Virtualization Technologies.
- 3+ Years’ experience in designing, building and managing large scale Linux based systems.
- 3+ Years’ experience of version control software.
- 3+ Years’ experience with Jenkins/related CI tools.
- Exceptional experience with automated configuration and deployment (Ansible/related, Terraform/related).
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and related containerization and orchestration technologies.
- Familiarity with both Cloud and On-Premise software deployments.
- Experience Deploying & Maintaining On-Premise and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience with networking and storage concepts.
- Experience with Analytic solutions such as Hadoop, HDInsight, EMR.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems such as ELK, Prometheus, Splunk.
- Network planning, design and implementation: cloud and on-prem taking into account external and internal security.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Familiar with DevOps methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attitude, and track record of success.
- Staying abreast of new ideas, methodologies, and technologies in the industry and selecting and implementing them to improve the performance and reliability of customer systems.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, face-to-face, written and presentation.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills.
- Experience with customer service.
- Able to quickly assess situations, troubleshoot complex problems and keep a calm head under tight time constraints and high pressure.
- Self-starter and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions with little supervision.
- Ability to work independently as part of a distributed organization.
- Comfortable presenting best practices and learnings to groups both within Teradata and external customers.
We offer you a not average place to work: we are inspiring and passionate people. We may work hard at times, but always in a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. We offer you the chance of joining a rapidly expanding organization with ambitious growth targets, where you can really make the difference and shape the future.
Position is based in Milan. However, we are often required to spend time on-site with our customers, mainly local but also international ones. You will be required to participate in travel-based work as a Teradata Think Big Analytics team member. English business-level is mandatory.
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Automation Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milan, Lombardia IT