FOSS Compliance Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202484
Position Title: Compliance Analyst (III)
Our team is growing! We are adding a Free & Open Source Software (FOSS) Compliance Specialist to our Legal Team. The ideal candidate will have a background in both intellectual property law and software development, an understanding of the legal issues surrounding FOSS license compliance and the application of intellectual property laws to software.
- Work with product-development, field-services, and legal teams to assure legal compliance with all OSS licenses, including reviewing/approving new requests for open source
- Create license documents and reports for prospective customers or Teradata leadership/legal
- Evaluate and incorporating software scanning tools
- Collaborate with FOSS Governance Board to review and refine processes as needed
- Create and delivering FOSS-compliance training
- B.A. or B.S. (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related discipline with a solid understand of intellectual property law; OR a J.D. or paralegal certificate with a focus on intellectual property law and a solid working knowledge of computer science and engineering
- Ability to work and communicate well with attorneys, engineers, and executive staff
- Knowledge of open-source licenses and related open-source licensing issues
Ideally you would have:
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages and scripting environments
- Extensive experience with open-source software and open-source compliance
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the leading cloud-based analytics company. We are driving analytics at scale and AI for the world's top enterprises.
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1 mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 9 years running
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value
Here is a link with more info: https://teradata.zoomforth.com/-san-diego
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: FOSS Compliance Analyst
Job Category: Legal
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US