Customer Services Representative
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 202471
Position Title: Customer Srvcs Rep (II)
Teradata is the acknowledged global leader in data warehouse innovation and analytical solution development. Every day we raise our customers’ intelligence to higher levels, making them more focused and competitive by gathering enterprise information and extracting actionable insight.
Teradata elevates enterprise intelligence by giving every decision maker the insight required for smarter, faster decisions. We add value and reveal opportunity across more dimensions than any competing solution.
In every industry and geography, our technologies and expertise make the difference. Simply put, Teradata solutions make companies smarter and give them the competitive advantage to win. To learn more, go to Teradata.com
CSR Job Description:
- Customer Services Representative (CSR) would be responsible for providing on-site or remote support for Teradata Customers.
- Typically, these customers have 24/7 support contracts and the successful applicant must be prepared to be on-call about 7 to 10 days per month to support customer site/s. This on-call schedule can be changed depending on business situation.
- The support engineers will be looking after the system’s MPP/SMP hardware, Linux/Unix/Windows operating system and Teradata products such as Teradata Databases, Teradata Aster, Teradata Backup SWs, tools, utilities and Teradata sold 3rd party products such as Hadoop products, NetBackup but not limited. Pro-active maintenance and high level of professionalism is the key in this role.
- Training in the form of in-class and self-study will be provided and various certifications will be strongly encouraged
CSR Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Respond to all the calls from the customer
- Perform hardware break –fix
- Perform preliminary software problem investigation and diagnostics collection
- Escalate all unresolved issues to the Support Centres as per the Incident escalation process
- Manage system-based Change Controls for O/S, SW and HW environment
- Plan and implement Field Retrofit Order
- Perform hardware and software installations includes site or system preparations
- Perform hardware and software upgrades and expansions includes site or system preparations
- Coordinate service between customer and 3rd party vendor for Teradata managed 3rd party products
- As per the Customer Support Contract create and provide periodic Customer Service Report
- Provide feedback to the customer for reported issues
- Join or conduct periodic customer support review meetingProvide technical assistance to Sales organization as required
- CSR will support following HW and SW products but not limited OS Products: SUSE Linux, Windows Database products: Teradata RDBMS, Aster Database, Hadoop
Database Client Tools and Utilities
- Backup SW and HW
- Teradata HW
- Teradata Applications
- Teradata Unified Data Architecture(UDA)
- BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in computer technology or related fields.Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good working OS knowledge of UNIX, Windows, LINUX.
- Good understanding of database and SQL.
- Experience/exposure in Mid-range UNIX/Linux systems hardware maintenance.
- Exposure to TCP networking for UNIX environment.
- Exposure to Shell Scripting & Programming.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers
- Ready to work on short term overseas project as and when needed.
- Ready to travel for overseas training as and when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good Documentation Skills
- Politically Astute and Relationship Management Capabilities
- Ownership of resolution to technical account and personnel issues
- Honesty, Consistency, and Integrity (Reputation above reproach)
- Understanding of customer client/server connectivity & configurations
- Good knowledge of LINUX/UNIX Skills
- Good understanding of hardware platforms
- Good knowledge of database
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to cope effectively with change, risk and uncertainty
- Ability to work as a member of team
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Services Representative
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG