Senior UI Platform Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202464
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
The Teradata UX team is looking for a self-driven Frontend web application engineer that cares about the overall user, developer and customer experience. You will help design, build & maintain Covalent, our open source UI Platform built on Angular 5+ and Material Design. You will also build several of our new cloud-based data & analytical products on this platform.
• Develop an open source UI Platform and use it on enterprise products
• Build platform-quality code that’s well tested and reusable
• Influence and collaborate with product teams across the entire organization
• Ensure usability, accessibility and user experience are standardized
• Develop diverse big data analytical applications
• Mentor junior engineers and work closely with software architects
• Negotiate with program managers and product owners are overall product strategy
• Testing suite experience (Unit tests, Browser tests, e2e tests, Usability tests, etc)
• UI framework proficiency (Angular-Material, Polymer, Foundation, Bootstrap, etc)
• RESTful API consumption and design (Build & consume services)
• Visualization framework experience (D3.js, Highcharts, Google Charts, etc)
• Use of build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc)
• Git & Github experience (Gitflow branch or fork model)
• Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
• 2+ years in each of the following;
• UI Frameworks (including any mix of Angular-Material, Bootstrap CSS, Foundation, jQuery UI, Ionic, 960 Grid)
• CSS Processors (including any mix of SASS, SCSS, LESS, Stylus)
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior UI Platform Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US