Senior Consulting Director
Location: SEOUL, Gyeonggido KR
Requisition Number: 202455
Position Title: PS Partner (I) - SIP
Reporting to the Think Big Analytics Leader for South Asia and Korea (ASK), the Think Big Analytics Leader for Korea will lead the Consulting team in the Korea area. The Korea Leader is responsible for the development and growth of the Think Big Analytics consulting Services business. Responsibilities of the role include:
· planning and strategy for the growth of the Consulting Services business, in consultation with the Think Big Analytics ASK Leader and the Sales Solution Team Leaders for the Territory
· expansion of the Think Big Analytics services delivery capability, including hiring and staff development, in conjunction with the capabilities Practice leaders
· Think Big Analytics services; bidding, estimating, orders, revenue, costs and profit;
· engagement planning, staffing, project resourcing, delivery execution and delivery quality; and
· client satisfaction and relationship management.
The Think Big Analytics Leader works in close collaboration with the Teradata local Account Executives and as an integral part of the sales account team to ensure that the Think Big Analytics service offerings are scoped, estimated, sold and implemented as profitable engagements that allow the customer to best exploit their Teradata Solution investments, and to further develop opportunities for growth.
The Think Big Analytics Leader takes a leadership role in securing and defining new engagements and negotiating services contracts (Statement of Work and teaming agreements) with customers and contractors, developing and managing revenue forecasts at the account level. The Think Big Analytics Leader overseas the conversion of complex proposals into project plans with multiple streams and employs project management office (PMO) methodologies for central tracking and reporting of activities for multiple projects.
The Think Big Analytics Leader plans, organizes, and coordinates the long-range and day-to-day activities of the business, managing multiple, complex engagements, large project teams and internal support resources. This includes oversight accountability for a team of Think Big Analytics Consultants that may include Industry Consultants, Data Scientists, Architects, Data Engineers, Project Managers, and Off-shore resources, as well as Contractor, Partners, Centre Of Excellence and Client resources.
Within the Think Big Analytics organization, the Leader has full operational responsibility for planning, finances/budget, end results, as well as for the development of forecasts for resource deployment, business process integration, change management and results tracking. The Leader develops and executes the business plan and the business capabilities in terms of demand creation, service delivery, and resource management within the assigned geography.
The Leader will work closely with the capability Practice leaders (Customer Excellence, Architecture, Data Foundation, Industry Consulting, Data Science, Software Development) to recruit, develop, and retain Think Big Analytics consultants and manage the services knowledge management strategy and initiatives, including revenue generation through pre-built Intellectual Property (IP) services offerings. The Leader provides advice and counsel to Teradata leadership on quality, process, profitability strategy, and resource requirements and also contributes to planning and policy development within areas of expertise as well as to the standards around which others will operate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
· Lead and support the Think Big Analytics business while facilitating continuous growth and profitability
· Execute the Teradata strategy and organisation business plan
· Accountable for service delivery, client satisfaction and associate satisfaction.
· Works within framework of the local and corporate policies.
· Recruit, develop and retain top talent, always having resources available at the right time with the appropriate skill set
· Maintain the appropriate balance of resources (Staff, Consultant, Senior) that allows for the appropriate cost model, staffing, utilization and billing of resources.
Sales Support & Business Development
· Leadership role in securing new engagements and managing day-to-day client relationships and results.
· Provide sales support by serving as subject matter expert to solution leadership as it relates to Think Big Analytics service delivery and project management principles.
· Identify sales opportunities; participate in pre-sales planning, engagement pricing, bid review and presentation of sales proposals
· Lead the scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of Think Big Analytics services engagements
· Analyse alternatives and understand customer problems/needs across services continuum
· Build mutually beneficial relationships to establish and develop customer contacts
· Manage customer’s expectations of engagement and relationship with Teradata
· Manage the delivery of projects in the Think Big Analytics
· Manage the governance of projects
· Delivers own individual target chargeable time of service delivery in area of service expertise when required
Knowledge Capture and Reuse
Lead and drive corporate change toward a knowledge enabled culture and organization
Drive business improvements, efficiencies and overall growth.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· P&L management of a professional services team of over 20 direct staff and revenues over USD 5M per year.
· 10 plus years IT industry or related experience, with an “IT worldly” perspective. Ideally, a career focus on Analytics, Information Management, business intelligence and data warehousing and a demonstrated command of core EIM concepts.
· Consulting experience with a vendor or consulting firm.
· Experience and ability to work in a matrixed organisation
· Business management experience including engagement management experience with multiple project streams and complex EIM or Analytics implementations.
· Proven experience in customer relationship management
· Conceptual and functional understanding of EIM and Analytics consulting offers
· Experience managing a team of experienced consultants
· A completed and relevant tertiary qualification.
· Experience in working in a Vendor environment with sales teams and support staff.
· Experience in working with On- and Off-shore professional services delivery teams.
· Experience in other competitive products.
· Knowledge in DB2, Oracle, Analytics Appliances, to be able to draw comparisons with Teradata.
· One or more Industries experience, ideally in industries such as Finance, Retail and Telco Industries.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consulting Director
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SEOUL, Gyeonggido KR