Software Engineer - Python Development
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 202433
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Senior Software Engineer
Teradata Corporation has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Members of this team will be tasked with simplifying the deployment and maintenance life cycle of applications so customers can more easily update and upgrade their systems.
Teradata is looking for a passionate software engineer to work with our customer services organization. We are looking for a candidate who thrives on automation, is a self-starter and will drive new ways of solving problems. In this role you will be a leader in creating a culture of change, collaboration, communication and enabling a technology shift in the organization.
• Lead the design and implementation of solutions to reduce manual overhead in system change procedures
• Strong subject matter expert in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
• Identify manual steps and inefficiencies and improve them through automation
• Collaborate with onshore and offshore teams to coordinate implementation activities
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and lead resolution of software defects
• Provide training and support to software engineering teams during implementation
• Strong experience in distributed system design, data structures, and object oriented programming
• Demonstrable expertise in OOP languages such as Python (preferred), Java, C++, or comparable
• Ability to learn and adapt various technologies to solve problems
• Experience building/interacting with RESTful services
• Passion for Test Driven Development (TDD) practices and modern software development best practices
• Familiar with Agile (Scrum) methodology
• Deployment: Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef
• Source code control systems: Git
• Build Agents: Jenkins (preferred), TeamCity
• Software Repositories: Artifactory
• Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes
• Building and/or leveraging distributed systems
• Comfortable with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc,) and SQL
• Comfortable with globally distributed teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• 5+ years’ experience
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited 4 year college/university or equivalent experience.
• Teradata does not offer employment sponsorship for this position
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Python Development
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN