Service Management DevOps Lead
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202397
Position Title: Engineer (IV)
Service Management DevOps Lead
Location: San Diego, California
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics in the cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs with cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata IntelliCloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata Labs is looking for Service Management DevOps Lead to work in our Teradata IntelliCloud group. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to define and implement strategies that support our many foundational services teams and external customers through the use or our ITIL Service Management platform (Service Now). Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
The Service Management DevOps Lead is responsible for leading the Service Management team in setting the direction, design, documentation and implementation of the Service Management Service Now platform. The role will be instrumental in designing future integrations across the various ITSM, ITOM, Discovery, Security, Resource, Reporting, Service Portal and Operations modules. The candidate should be ITIL certified and have a fundamental understanding of IT service management and the ITIL business processes. The candidate must demonstrate proven experience in leading a team in designing solutions for the Service-Now platform that includes customizations using client scripts, Business Rules, UI Scripts etc. The candidate should possess the ability to create, administer and manage Workflow Configuration. The candidate should have an excellent knowledge of web applications, networks, protocols, email (SMTP, POP3) and Active Directory, LDAP. The candidate should possess a Service Now administration certification.
Application, Design, Development and Support
- Designs the architecture for Implementation of features, modules and 3rd party application integrations of the Service Now platform. Maintains in-depth knowledge of IS service offerings and business needs to ensure recommended solutions are prescribed with the intention of increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of those service offerings.
- Work with Internal Teradata team members to capture business requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Utilizes Java Scripting, HTML, CSS, and PowerShell experience to design solutions that automate and audit business processes.
- Design use cases, analyzes, collaborates and assists with translating business requirements into technical requirements to ensure a smooth implementation of new enhancements, applications or modules.
- Utilizes best practices for development of test cases for the analysis and certification of changes to the Service Now platform.
- Lead Service Management development team through high profile platform upgrades, assigns and track resource tasks per the implementation schedule.
- Adheres to Teradata change management policies and procedures, i.e. thorough testing of changes, new applications and instance upgrades in a non-production environment prior to being released in the production environment.
- Updates & maintains a comprehensive testing protocol for Service-now instance upgrades with the purpose of certifying all applications for use after the upgrade completes.
- Logs technical support incidents, problems and requests into Service-Now. Monitors incidents assigned to the Administrator. Provides succinct and pertinent updates to incidents indicating acted upon resolution and communication to user. Participates in Problems and Knowledge initiatives and other process improvements.
- Provides advanced technical support to Teradata Support teams utilizing Service-Now. Escalates performance issues, unresolvable incidents and service interruptions to Service-now technical support. Creates and updates incident records in Service-now’s tracking system.
- Monitors and tests for optimal system performance.
- Reachable outside of standard working hours as needed.
- Remains current in industry trends in Information Technology including ITIL and ITSM best practices.
- Ensures expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively uses most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and /or 5+ years of experience in IT Operations.
- 5+ years of experience with IT Service Management tools & 2+ years of experience with developing and administering Service-now.
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, etc.), PowerShell, SaaS applications, network operations (networks, protocols and email [SMTP, POP3]).
- Strong knowledge of ITIL methodologies, ITSM concepts, enterprise IT architecture, relational databases. ITIL certifications a plus.
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control and deployment.
- Highly skilled and proficient in using development tools with the analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to troubleshoot and provide user support.
- Experience documenting code and system processes and procedures in a clear manner.
- Experience in these areas is a plus: Active Directory; Single Sign-on using: Digested Token, SAML 2.0, Web Services integrations and Service Now ITOM and Discovery implementation.
- Service-Now Admin Certification
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Talent for creating team satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the team value in all work.
- High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to team.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding, including ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Focused listening skills to properly determine and meet technical requirements.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Strong time management and communications skills are required to keep on task and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to partner with internal IT resources and Teradata business process owners to deliver high quality work product.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule to meet position needs outside of regular business hours.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation.
- Participate in local area Service-Now User Groups (SNUG)
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Service Management DevOps Lead
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US