Service Management Business Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202396
Position Title: Engineer (II)
Service Management Business Analyst
Location: San Diego, California
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics in the cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs with cloud-based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata Managed Cloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata Labs is looking for Business Analyst to work in our Teradata IntelliCloud group. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about financial planning and analytics to guide development and operations of production systems that operate in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environments. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating and coordinating with other IntelliCloud development teams to gather business requirements for designing financial reporting strategies that support our many foundational services teams and external customers through the use or our Service Management platform (Service Now). Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
The IntelliCloud organization uses analytical based decision making in recommendations for expansion of cloud solutions. The Service Management Business Analyst will quantify financial impact on current assets, services, and solutions utilizing a variety of input sources. The role is responsible for financial reporting on the IntelliCloud hybrid cloud solutions. The role will be instrumental in designing the future financial reporting dashboard solutions utilizing our integrated Service Now system. The candidate should have a fundamental understanding of IT and public cloud financial management. The candidate will track, analyze, and surface business opportunities to improve business financial outcomes. The candidate must demonstrate proven experience in designing financial reporting solutions for Executive Leadership.
Reporting and Support
- Work with Teradata team members to capture financial business requirements and translate into technical reporting solutions.
- Utilizes web-based technologies to design financial dashboards for reporting on the organizations Hybrid cloud products expenses and trend analysis.
- Design use cases, analyzes, collaborates and assists with translating business requirements into technical requirements to ensure a smooth implementation of new enhancements, applications or modules.
- Utilizes best practices for development of test cases for the analysis of changes to the Service Now platform as part of the financial reporting efforts.
- Collaborate with the Service Management development team members for changes required for implementation of financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge and experience designing financial reports in Business Intelligence tools like Microsoft BI, Tableau or other 3rd party financial reporting systems.
- Remains current in industry trends in business financial reporting practices.
- Ensures expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively uses most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and /or 1 to 3+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics or General Business.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with design financial reports that assist in driving business outcomes.
- Strong project management skills and expertise using Agile methodologies
- Solid knowledge of web programming technologies like HTML and CSS.
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control and deployment.
- Highly skilled and proficient in using development tools with the analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to troubleshoot and provide user support.
- Experience in design financial reports in Service Now a plus.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Talent for creating team satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the team value in all work.
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility with an effective presence, strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate technical concepts and plans at all levels
- Excellent writing skills; ability to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Focused listening skills to properly determine and meet technical requirements.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Strong time management and communications skills are required to keep on task and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to partner with internal IT resources and Teradata business process owners to deliver high quality work product.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Service Management Business Analyst
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US