Solution Sales Specialist
Location: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 202395
Position Title: Account Executive (IV)
Teradata offers powerful, enterprise analytic technologies and services. Companies use Teradata solutions to get a single, integrated view of their business so they can make better, faster decisions that drive profitability and growth.
Companies can leverage this integrated view to identify opportunities to increase revenues, decrease costs, and improve relationships. At the same time, Teradata solutions are more cost efficient, simpler to manage and capable of growing with the needs of the business.
With our proven expertise in enterprise data warehousing and best-in-class technology, Teradata can help you see your business like you have never seen it before. To learn more, go Teradata.com.
This is a quota carrying position and is the primary selling role for Teradata in India. The Solution Sales Specialist is responsible for effectively executing the sales process and managing new business development in the Territory. The role is responsible for maintaining, communicating and executing the sales plan for the Territory across the broader team.
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
The Territory is dramatically accelerating its focus on the more effective use of information and analytical capability in its business. Teradata has had a long and successful history with this Territory and it is essential that we leverage this success to further grow the Territory.
A well established team of Teradata Professional Services consultants works closely within the account team to generate significant and sustainable consulting services revenues, and to develop strategic initiatives that exploit the value and capabilities of an ever-expanding Teradata EDW.
Teradata seeks to appoint a new and key team member to assist in building on the successes of the existing team, with the aim of expanding the EDW footprint and driving further growth and success.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Results and Growth
- Orders and Revenue goal attainment
- Continued capture of relevant data in the EDW environment(s) to enable the introduction of information-based business improvement programs and projects.
- Continuously research the global BFSI/ Manufacturing / Retail market to be able to develop the value propositions for Teradata solutions.
- Utilize a structured approach and Teradatas qualification tools for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business initiatives.
- Proactively prospect in the Territory using the phone and other activities to create appointments at each management level, including Managing Director/CEO level. Map out the key players for potential new business initiatives and determine/document appropriate sales strategy/ies.
- Develop understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviours within the account in order to determine appropriate sales approach for each level within organization.
- Develop a competitive sales strategy that anticipates competitor actions and places Teradata as the best in the market to meet customer objectives.
Sales call execution
- Effectively advise and influence the customer especially within the development of business needs, decision criteria, and creation of an ROI framework, through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing/sales campaigns.
- Execute high quality one on one discussions utilizing advanced questioning and influencing skills with customer non-IT business leaders. The objective being to influence the corporate strategy regarding the use of Data Warehousing.
- Execute high quality one on one discussions utilizing advanced questioning and influencing skills with IT / CIO level managers.
- Before any sales call, plan for key outcomes and next steps that the customer will commit to performing after the sales call (advances).
- Presenting high quality, professional presentations and proposal materials
- Capture information in a constantly maintained Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard.
- Continuously engage the extended sales team in account planning and execution. Effectively utilize resources as required to best exploit available opportunities.
Reporting, Administration and Training
- Complete, lock-off and submit a monthly outlook as required based on the Teradata fiscal calendar.
- Update TEAM pipeline-management system tool weekly in order to maintain accurate opportunity forecast
- Complete all assigned Area Ready to Sell (ARS) and other assigned training within the timeframes allotted.
Account and Opportunity Management
- Maintain the Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard.
- Within (180 days) of account assignment of each Managed Account, develop and present for sign-off an Account Priorities and Objectives spreadsheet.
- Manage all opportunities in accordance with the Opportunity Management process, including the creation of Opportunity Plans, the scheduling of Early in the pipeline Opportunity reviews, the use of the Opportunity Analysis System, and the Bid Review Process.
- Work through sales process with key players in a timely manner to minimize issues in the close of an order and ensure Teradata and customer objectives are met in the agreed timeframe.
- Continuously develop the account to ensure repeat business combined with a proactive focus on developing new business opportunities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in a business/science related field (Marketing, Sales Management, Science).
- 10 years + Solutions Sales experience.
- Exposure to and understanding of customer and its key executives and management.
- Experience in selling complex technology solutions. E.g. ERP solutions and bundled hardware, software, professional services and technical services.
- Experience in developing and executing structured account plans for large, complex accounts and maintaining year-on-year growth.
- Demonstrated success in building, elevating and nurturing relationships within key prospects resulting in new customer business.
- Understanding of and success in a sales environment that requires creation of capital expenditure plans and budgets.
- Demonstrated success in value-linking and demand creation
- Proven customer relationship skills, with experience in interfacing with customers, at Executive/Director level in both business and technology, on a regular basis.
- Proven ability in solutions sales environment
- Understanding and current use of a consultative questioning model. For example SPIN selling
- Demonstrated success in proactively prospecting into existing accounts
- BFSI/ Manufacturing / Retail industry knowledge Mandatory
- Knowledge across Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and CRM is preferred.
- High level strategic planning skills.
- Ability to lead complex proposals.
- Proven ability to deliver against demanding targets.
- Account Planning and execution.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competence in professional consultative selling skills such as SPIN questioning
- Ability to transform strategy into results.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence, coach and motivate others and promote teamwork.
- Ability to have open and effective business conversations with customer senior leaders
- Confidence- The ability to influence others through candidates demeanor and professionalism
- High level of personal integrity.
- Customer focused.
- Result oriented.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Self-motivated and competitively driven.
- High degree of energy and initiative.
- Resilient and focused.
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence.
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Sales Specialist
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN