Database Product Support Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202381
Position Title: Product Support Engineer (II)
Companies are using advanced data analytics to save lives, address environmental issues, improve the customer experience and drive operational effectiveness. Supporting complex and mission-critical data warehouse and analytical environments are not about the software or hardware, but about the customer journey and experience. Are you ready to be a part of that journey?
What We Do
Teradata delivers business outcome led through technology-enabled solutions in the areas that matter most – from operational excellence and asset optimization to customer experience and product innovation, to finance transformation and risk mitigation. We work with leading businesses in over 75 countries worldwide and our clients include many of the top performers and best-known brands in telecom, transportation, consumer packaged goods, financial services, and manufacturing. We focus on turning the most complex and challenging data sets into high-value assets that produce high-impact insights and tangible value for the business. We empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry-leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
What You will do
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms and possess the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of Teradata products
• Work with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
• Recreate problems to assist with root cause analysis
• Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
• Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
• Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
• Coordinate proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues
• Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures, and Service offerings
• Create and share knowledge
• Experience working in a mission-critical, 24/7 environment
• Assist in technical mentoring
• Local to San Diego or willing to relocate
• No employment/visa sponsorship is available in this role
Preferred, but not required skills
•Experience working with enterprise-level relational databases (SQL, Oracle, DB2, IBM, Sybase)
•Exposure to the Teradata Database or other Teradata tools
•Customer-facing experience, preferably in a 24/7 support environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Database Product Support Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US