Service Management DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202329
Position Title: Engineer (IV)
If you have excellent problem-solving and writing skills, we want to hear from you! You are enthusiastic about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and enjoy the challenge of working in a highly-distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment in San Diego. As ServiceNow Management DevOps Engineer, you will be part of our Teradata IntelliCloud™ group, where you’ll define and implement strategies that support our internal service teams and customers. You’ll work alongside some of the brightest and most driven professionals in the industry to help solve their big data needs through Cloud-based solutions.
- Test, analyze, collaborate and assist with translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Offer recommendations that increase the efficiency of IS service offerings
- Use Java Scripting, HTML, CSS, and PowerShell to deliver solutions that automate and audit business processes
- Ensure that all assigned project tasks required for the implementation of ServiceNow are completed on schedule
- Update and maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for ServiceNow instance upgrades
- Escalate performance issues, unresolvable incidents and service interruptions to ServiceNow technical support
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and /or 5+ years IT operations experience
- 5+ years of IT service management tools experience
- 2+ years of experience developing and administering ServiceNow.
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, etc.), PowerShell, SaaS applications, network operations (networks, protocols, and email [SMTP, POP3]).
- Proficient in ITIL methodologies, ITSM concepts, enterprise IT architecture, relational databases
- A comprehensive understanding of the application development lifecycle process
- Active engagement in local ServiceNow User Groups (SNUG)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary
What’s in It for You?
Teradata offers you an excellent compensation and benefits package, including unlimited personal time off and the opportunity to live and work in one of the most desirable places in the world, sunny San Diego. You’ll also be part of a Company with a portfolio of Cloud-based business analytics solutions, architecture consulting, and industry-leading big data and analytics technology. Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies and great people.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Service Management DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US