Senior Database Support Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202328
Position Title: Product Support Engineer (V)
Teradata Global Support Organization is seeking a Sr. Database Support Engineer in the Teradata Database Support team. This team is chartered to incubate modern support strategies and methodologies such as Knowledge Centered Support, Online Forum, Self-Service, closely integrated Support/Engineering collaboration model to enable customer self-service, deliver faster resolution and achieve the best customer experience on using Teradata technologies.
The successful candidate will either possess or develop a good understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Accountable for driving long-term resolution on escalated incidents. Responsible for providing deep level technical support. Technical lead on escalated problems within the product line. Perform in-depth problem analysis. Analyze files and system dumps for root-cause. Analyze code for optimized performance. Identify and document new product defects. Provide new and/or known solutions/work-arounds to problems. Perform system recovery for down or inaccessible systems. Collaborate and/or escalate with other work groups including Engineering and 3rd party product providers.
- Drive product improvements and procesautomationns. Identify recurring incidents and/or repetitive tasks applied toward problem resolution in order to formulate actions to drive product enhancements as well as process improvement through automation.
- Knowledge Management and related activities. Create and/or validate knowledge content for accuracy, relevancy and currency. Create and maintain Technical Alerts and other related technical artifacts. Create defect tracking tickets. Lead and/or participate on teams focused on creating technical bulletins, procedures and support process (Change Templates, FRO Bulletins, Service Bulletins, Support Tools). Partner with the Service Architecture team on the SPM function. Supervise junior levels on Problem Scenario Reporting.
- • Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations.
- Accountable for mentoring team members to increase team productivity.
Skills & Attributes:
- Proven strong people skills and the ability to plan, lead, and manage multiple competing complex projects.
- Results oriented with strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbal and written.
- Strength in problem solving methodologies and workflow
- Capable of presenting problem resolution process, rout cause analysis, and activities underway in technical and tactical terms to customer facing teams and customers when warranted.
- Able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations.
- Able to leverage practical means for influencing people without having direct authority.
- Seasoned in the recruitment of candidates for technical positions.
- Knows when to defer decisions to technical leads.
- Knows to recognize and distinguish performance, capable of providing constructive feedback.
- Established background in managing complex software product customer support for large companies, 24/7 worldwide.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- 10+ years of engineering project management experience and/or customer support experience
- Deep understanding of Teradata product knowledge
- Experience in Teradata database best practices
- Cultural awareness
- Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
- Association with a development environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team organizational skills
- Process and metrics orientation
- Ability to multi-task simple to complex problem troubleshooting
- Strong analytical abilities
- 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
- Global organization
- Some travel may be required
- International travel may be required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Database Support Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US