Senior Security Network Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202296
Position Title: IT Manager (II)
Bring your strong technical skills, passion for security and collaborative work ethic to a fast-paced, global cloud data analytics organization. As a Senior Network Security Engineer at our San Diego campus, you will evaluate our Teradata network security strategy and architecture, provide improvements, and collaborate with team members on seamless security architecture. With your broad technical knowledge of the security landscape, you will develop requirements, research, and manage security technologies.
- Develop, maintain and report on metrics of successful implementation.
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and external requirements that may have an impact on security.
- Build system baselines to adhere to for all future build-outs.
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business and implement measures to satisfy those requirements most efficient manner.
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding their implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Equivalent experience or certifications (CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH or GSEC) is also acceptable.
- 7+ years of experience in information security
- 2+ years of experience managing and implementing security technologies
- Extensive experience in IT security trends, network and internet security, IT standards procedures and policies
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our sunny San Diego campus, one of the most desirable places in the world. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career. Here is a link with more info: https://teradata.zoomforth.com/-san-diego
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Security Network Engineer
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US