Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 202275
Position Title: Sr Manager, Engineering
Teradata Customer Management Applications is seeking a talented Architecture Manager with deep technical expertise to build Enterprise Analytic Applications on top of the newly released Teradata Analytics Platform also known as Vantage. The Architecture Manager will work with a team of Service, Cloud and Database Architects to develop the next generation of our software that includes best of breed business solutions while also ensuring that our systems’ performance and reliability exceed our customers’ expectations. Technologies leveraged will include microservice architectures and kubernetes containerization.
- Actively participate in all agile meetings (Planning, Grooming, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review) and plan the sprint work for the Architecture team based on business and innovation needs.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams that include UI, services and quality engineers as well as Product Owners to guide the implementation of the next generation of enterprise marketing applications
- Architect and design high performing and secure microservices capable of handling large amounts of data
- Evaluate new technologies and their application to the business
- Guide technical direction and architectural evolution by driving the implementation of development standards and solutions across the development organization
- Implement information radiators to make sure code quality standards are accessible by the entire organization
- Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for system infrastructure and ensure that all product changes are documented at the end of each release
- Collaborate with other teams and managers across Teradata to outline dependencies and outline the applications business requirements
- Senior programming experience, as well as previous management experience managing Java-based applications, is required
- Experience programming in Java, as well as experience with building applications using technologies such as Spring Boot, is a plus
- Software engineering experience, including but not limited to:
- relational database environments
- non-relational databases (e.g. HBase)
- unit, functional, and regression testing
- security, load, and performance best practices
- Experience with cloud architectures/services and bootstrapping applications with external configurations for easy deployability
- Experience with Microservice architecture is preferred including the container and container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Familiarity with ‘Infrastructure-as-code’ concepts (ex: Terraform, Cloudformation)
- 10+ years relevant industry experience in a highly transparent Agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality
- 3+ years of management experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Architecture Manager
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US