Senior Software Development Manager, Cloud Services
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 202226
Position Title: Engineer (V)-NoCal
Senior Software Development Manager, Cloud Services
Teradata is building a new team of talented software engineers who deliver quality services that operate themselves. If you want to enable high velocity, high quality development, coach Software Engineers in the art of building scalable, hands-free software services that customers love, apply today. We are undertaking a new initiative and a chance to create beautiful experiences that make our users feel confident and powerful, all supported by self-operating, self-scaling, self-healing back-ends. We deliver available, performant, scalable, operable services with tough SLAs to demanding customers across multiple deployment environments. Experience delivering and operating services at scale in a cloud environment strongly preferred.
You will report to the Director, Data Warehousing Service and focus on building new services where the data scientist and business-user experience is our north star and will power a new wave of energy and enthusiasm for Teradata.
This is your opportunity to lead and grow a team that delivers exciting new cloud-native built-from-scratch services within Teradata Managed Cloud Business Unit. You are an organized manager of agile and high performing teams as much as a visionary leader with cloud architecture and software development chops. Your cloud battle scars as developer or manager have taught you lessons that you long to share as you mentor and guide those around you.
Lead day to day direction of Cloud Engineering team/s
- Help build the cloud engineering organization with an execution focus
- Encourage architectures and practices that have little to no operational overhead
- Organize and drive development by wearing the scrum master hat and maintaining great Jira hygiene
- Mentor the team on code review practices that ensure the virtues that we want to maintain in our code base including things like quality, security, testing, awareness of failure modes, automation, measurability, operability, debuggability.
- Develop and maintain DevOps processes and procedures to rapidly transition new Cloud Services into production
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills, but also be able to dive into the details as needed
- Ability to lead, plan, and manage complex projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both orally and written
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations
- Experience building and delivering Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience leveraging third party Cloud Service Providers (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience in data warehousing and high performance computing environments
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems or related experience
- 4+ years of engineering management experience
- Strategic thinker. Consensus builder.
- Business acumen & customer empathy
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Strong communication skills up/ down/ and across the organization. You must be able to clearly communicate dependencies and influence other teams that may not be in the same geography.
- Strong preference for candidates with recent experience building software services for direct customer use rather than in house use.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Development Manager, Cloud Services
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US