Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 202209
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a talented senior software engineer capable of building the next generation vision for our “Best of Breed” Enterprise Interaction Management and Analytics applications. We are looking for a passionate DevOps engineer who can build and deploy microservices in a repeatable CI/CD pipeline using industry best practices.
- Work closely with a team of engineers to design and implement features and components aligned with Teradata Analytic Applications business strategy.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams to design and implement web-applications and refactor codebase to improve maintainability.
- Utilizes understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Build out a suite of microservices capabilities and work to package them as various product solutions
- Maintain and configure CI/CD plans, develop installation tools, configure and automate the deployment of new environments and microservices
- Experience in Java as well as experience with building applications using technologies such as Spring Boot
- Experience in bootstrapping applications with external configurations for easy deployability
- Experience with configuration management frameworks such as Ansible
- Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Strong Knowledge on containerization using Docker/Kubernetes.
- Strong Knowledge in CI/CD tools – Bamboo, Jenkins, GitHub, Gradle, MVN etc.
- Solid Linux experienced, preferably with RHEL, CentOS, SLES
- PowerShell, VMware CLI, Ansible scripting experience
- Some understanding of relational databases is preferred
- 5+ years developing web applications in a highly transparent agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.
- VMware, Microsoft Azure, AWS certifications and experience are preferable
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States preferred.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US