Consulting Director Walmart
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Requisition Number: 202189
Position Title: PS Sr Partner
Consulting Director, Walmart
Location: Bentonville, AR
The Consulting Director (CD) for the Walmart Account leads the consulting activities. Primary focus is selling solutions that leverage data to achieve business-based outcomes for specific targeted customers that will extend their data and analytic capabilities while leveraging Teradata’s technology solution components including; Integrated Data Warehouse, Data Warehouse Appliances, Hadoop, and many Analytical and Business Intelligence applications. Professional Consulting Services and Thought Leadership are an integral part of our go-to-market strategy, and the CD leads the business development and sales process for projects with significant scale and business outcome. He or she develops and executes the sales plan and positions service offers for specific customer accounts as part of the Teradata team selling approach. He or she is responsible for building senior level client relationships, managing the overall sales process, forecasting revenues, identifying business problems, scoping, pricing, contracting of services, and collaborating with partner companies to extend our capabilities.
- Creates demand for consulting services in new areas of client organization through business development efforts, focused on business outcomes
- Leads and coordinates overall selling process for consulting services, including projects of significant scale, bringing in other specialists as needed
- Brings deep industry and/or capability expertise to the account team in order to sell Teradata solutions
- Understands client business problems and develops POVs which articulate problems along with Teradata solutions
- Builds relationships in new parts of the client organization to generate demand for solutions in new areas
- Manages the overall selling process for consulting services
- Identifies opportunities which would require other specialized expertise and coordinates with internal resources to bring experts in as needed
- Regularly meets with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Coaches and develops Project Managers and Consultants
- Manages process of scoping, planning, costing, and pricing new projects
- Develops Statements of Work for new projects; defines goals and objectives, client requirements, resources needed, budget, risks, and deliverables
- Serves on consulting engagements as a thought partner and subject matter expert for the consulting delivery team and as a key relationship map for project sponsors
- Engages with other account teams and Client Partners as needed to use expertise to help sell solutions to other clients
- Maintains projections for pipeline of potential future engagements
- Responsible for billing, teaming agreements, and other partnering documents
Skills & Attributes:
- Robust history of success in consultative selling, particularly in services
- Strong technical expertise in relevant areas
- Retail and other Industry-specific knowledge
- Customer relationship management experience
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Continuous education in business strategies, design concepts and methodologies and/or technologies.
- Proven record of eight years minimum demonstrating the ability to manage a successful business and P&L and generate at least $8mm - $10mm in revenues.
- Minimum of eight years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances and a proven record of success.
- Proven Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing / Advanced Analytics / Data Science experience of at least 5 years.
- Hands on experience in a number of business disciplines such as data warehousing / business intelligence, or Advanced Analytics related consulting services, business operations, project management, information technology, software development, marketing, and sales with a proven ability and record of success.
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Ability to positively present themselves, Teradata and consulting services to customer or prospects.
- Ability to recruit and retain key associates in management, presales and delivery positions.
- Ability to travel as needed.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Consulting Director Walmart
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bentonville, Arkansas US