Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202113
Position Title: Sr. IT Architect (I)
As an IT Data Architect at Teradata, you will participate in complex, multi-disciplinary projects related to the Teradata Analytics platform. The Teradata Analytics Platform team is an IT organization chartered to utilize Teradata products and services to deliver information and analytic capabilities to all Teradata business functions and external stakeholders. As an IT Data Architect, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a formal description of Teradata data and data structures using logical and physical data models. The Data Architect is responsible for developing and enforcing data modeling standards and best practices, managing the enterprise data model and managing all metadata in the Teradata Analytics Platform environment. The Data Architect role is broader than the role of a typical application level “data modeler” in that it involves identifying the data needs, providing guidance on how to extract, transform and load the data and integrating the new data and applications with master data and other existing data in the Teradata Analytics Platform. It also involves modeling from a neutral perspective rather than from a single business functional perspective.
IT Data Architect
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understand the business process; facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
· Prepare process models to document data and information flows for sourcing and accessing warehouse data.
· Provide mapping between existing processes and proposed replacement processes.
· Perform data profiling and data analysis
· Design conceptual, logical and physical data models
· Design views and dimensional structures based on the 3NF model.
· Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with complete metadata.
· Manage and maintain the data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
· Provide input and feedback regarding ETL processes
· Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
· Proficient in industry standard techniques for data modeling, process modeling, master data management, metadata management and enterprise data management and data stewardship
· Proficient in 3rd normal form relational modeling and dimensional modeling.
· In depth knowledge of modeling methodologies and techniques.
· Experience with the ERwin data modeling tool.
· Strong SQL and analytical skills.
· Strong understanding of Master Data Management disciplines and methodology.
· Hands on experience with relational DBMS, with Teradata experience desired.
· Good understanding of ETL processes and ETL best practices.
· Experience/ familiarity with Business Intelligence tools. For example: Business Objects and MS Power BI.
· Familiarity with Hadoop, Aster, Big Data and Cloud Architecture is a plus
· Excellent teaming and communication skills.
· Effective multi-tasking skills.
· Strong consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical discipline
· 10+ years of related experience
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Data Architect
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US