Financial Planning Manager, Central Region
Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Requisition Number: 202096
Position Title: Planning Manager (II)
The Planning Manager will provide financial leadership to the Vice President/General Managers within the Teradata Americas Region Sale’s organization. The Planning Manager will lead the financial analysis of growth initiatives including annual planning and budget process management. This individual must have advanced analytical skills and a high level of business acumen to assist the Vice President/General Managers in making financial business decisions as well as long range financial plans. On a day-to-day basis, this individual will be responsible for supporting financial leadership with recommendations to support the total business while enabling the Vice President/General Managers to more efficiently and effectively manage the business, grow revenue, and improve profitability. The Planning Manager will have direct supervisory responsibility for a planning analyst and is expected to be a player-coach
- Strong supervisory skills working with professional skilled financial analysts in a highly collaborative environment
- Exceptional business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data to propose solutions to drive the business and understand long term business impacts
- Ability to converse, explain and educate complex financial topics to senior management and their impact to the overall financial health of the business
- Cross functional leadership skills to drive understanding and sound business decisions
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Identification and driving of on-going process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in highly dynamic and fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years related work experience; minimum of 5 years management in a FP&A capacity
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Proven track record of working with Senior Management to drive business improvements
- Demonstrated success managing and developing financial professionals
- Candidates will have experience in establishing and operating effectively in a SOX compliant environment
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong ability to analyze business information, and identify and communicate recommendations that contribute to achieving business objectives and financial goals
- Demonstrated ability to build effective cross-functional relationships
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with ability to train others
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Planning Manager, Central Region
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US