Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202094
Position Title: Pricing Analyst (III)
The Teradata Pricing Analyst is responsible for bid and P&L development for accounts in the Americas. The Pricing Analyst will be responsible for detailed pricing and P&L analysis for these deals utilizing Teradata’s Pricing Tools. The Pricing Analyst will provide vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management on product alternatives, pricing options, competition, and price negotiation techniques, run bid reviews, then provide and secure bid approval as required. On a day-to-day basis, working with the sales teams, this includes information, analysis and recommendations that assist the Geo VP and Sales management to win business and increase profitability. Close working relationship is required with Sales, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management and other functions. The position reports to the Americas Pricing Director and can reside in either Rancho Bernardo (San Diego), CA.
- Support a Teradata Sales organization -- a General Manager and AVPs reporting to the GM and their sales teams, including:
- Evaluate bid pricing and terms & conditions, identify risks and options and offer recommendations to sales management.
- Provide price structuring & scenario analysis relevant to sales strategy
- Provide advice and business consulting for sales teams and GEO VP
- Interact on Pricing projects and present to Teradata LT Members
- Understand data analytics technology and competitor products and tactics
- Participate in many aspects of sales-oriented activities including participation on customer calls and visits with sales team
- Support and provide pricing for Support and Consulting/Professional Services
- Participate and provide input to account planning sessions
- Consolidate opportunity pricing & prepare revenue recognition analysis for major bids
- Coordinate bid reviews with appropriate levels of management
- Ensure that appropriate levels of approval have been obtained at region and corporate level for all bids as determined by Corporate Policy.
- Gather and disseminate general product pricing information
- Monitor price & cost changes, and other product information as it impacts deals
- Provide opportunity & competitive feedback to Americas region/corporate level pricing
- Provide general pricing, business, accounting advice for sales teams
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with multiple functional areas to achieve desired outcomes
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Bachelors degree, Minimum 2 years related work experience or college new hire with Internship experience in Finance
- Strong capability in Excel, PowerPoint and other windows applications
- Demonstrated analytical/financial skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Knowledge of web based applications, sales support tools, or other modern programming languages
- Experience in Finance, Technology, or Sales-support function
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Analytics and Cloud
- MBA, prior Pricing, Solution Architect, or Financial experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Pricing Analyst
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US