Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 202036
Position Title: Contract Manager (IV)
The primary role of the Contract Manager is to provide functional expertise to internal clients throughout the contracting process. The Contract Manager uses their knowledge of business arrangements to analyze agreement structures and will recommend the proper legal agreement(s) to fit the situation. The Contract Manager will be the first point of contact for answering legal questions regarding a contract during the term of the contract.
- Support and advise clients (internal customers) on all aspects of the contracting process.
- Participate as part of the negotiating team on supplier agreements
- Select, revise, and draft appropriate legal agreements to fit business situations. Draft/revise language to address new risk areas as business needs evolve (i.e. cloud services personal data protection)
- Communicate effectively with internal and external attorneys, internal partnership marketing associates (backup responsibilities only), and suppliers.
- Prepare agreement summaries which include analysis on costs, risks, benefits, etc.
- Respond to questions concerning the execution of existing agreements.
- Identify cost savings opportunities whenever possible and recommend contractual terms that mitigate risk.
- Manage the Teradata escrow process
- Administer the Teradata Supplier Diversity Program
- Participate in special projects related to Procurement
- Supplier Diversity Manager: Assist in the identification of Minority, Woman or Veteran Businesses, Represent Teradata at Diversity forums or related business events, perform tracking and reporting in accordance to supplier/government reporting requirements.
- Manage Teradata’s IP Evaluation process – selection and support of agreements defined for each product offering, secure appropriate business signoffs/approvals and ensure Certificates of Destruction are obtained and maintained upon conclusion.
Skills & Attributes:
- Innovative and Resourceful - Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Creative - Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply.
- Ability to lead problem solving activity
- Effective resource management and project management skills/capabilities
- The ability to support a high volume of activity
- Learn and maintain high level familiarity of Procurement commodity areas adequate to drive negotiations to timely resolution/delivery.
- Bachelors or Associate degree in legal, paralegal, or possess relevant work experience.
- Qualified candidates must have 3-10 years of commercial contract drafting experience. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of experience with IT contracts, including reviewing, negotiating and drafting software licensing agreements, IT sales agreements, and service/consulting agreements.
- Have strong skills in a variety of areas including paralegal work, communication, organization, teaming, analysis, and decision making.
- Juris Doctor (JD) Degree
- Intellectual Property
- Supplier Diversity Programs
- Significant Supplier agreements experience
- Comfort with data analytics and reporting tools.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: JOHNS CREEK
Community / Marketing Title: Contracts Manager
Job Category: Legal
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US