Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 202018
Position Title: Procurement Compliance Mgr (I)
The Procurement Director’s role is to discover the best ways to optimize our procurement expenses so that the company can invest in its growth and people. We are looking for an experienced Procurement Director to be responsible for the supply of indirect products and services essential for our company’s operations.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Review specifications, analyze market and select potential suppliers, lead the RFP process, analyze prices/quality expectations/delivery dates/terms, negotiate prices and terms, and award and communicate orders to suppliers.
- Work in conjunction with cross-functional teams to select suppliers for new products, lease vs. buy decisions and optimize supplier base.
- Evaluate/manage vendor/suppliers through KPI's and scorecards.
- Contract administration, quality assurance, modification of special terms, and contract closeout or termination.
- Evaluate risk associated with Supplier Categories and lead team targeted with monitoring, analytics and auditing of supplier purchasing behavior towards the reduction and mitigation of risk.
- Establish and enforce procedures to ensure proper procurement standards, processes and controls for the organization.
- Manage and build a strong cohesive purchasing team that works in alignment across the organization. Devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Strong negotiations and influencing skills
- A history of creating value for an organization
- Passion for achieving and demonstrating results
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Demonstrated experience collecting and analyzing data, applying principles of financial analysis, aptitude in decision-making, and working with numbers
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Continuous Improvement and Change Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with ERP system in a purchasing environment (Oracle eBusiness suite preferred)
- Experience in designing and developing procurement organizations, source to pay processes, category management, supplier performance management and eProcurement systems required
- Work experience in global organizations across functions and cultures is preferred
- BA/BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration plus a minimum of 15 years of strategic purchasing experience. Will consider MBA degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration plus a minimum of 10 years of strategic purchasing experience.
- Ten or more years of solid corporate procurement, quality, and/or process management experience, including at least five years of experience with commodity management encompassing the entire procure to pay cycle.
- Experience with data mining and analysis techniques.
- Experience working at a publicly traded, global organization.
- Working knowledge and/or experience with generation of hard copy, e-mail, fax, EDI, and supplier portal purchase orders and Oracle ERP systems
- Solid understanding of the purchasing approved supplier list, vendors setup rules, supplier sourcing functionality, and the associated affects on purchasing execution process and systems
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: JOHNS CREEK
Community / Marketing Title: Procurement Director
Job Category: Legal
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US