Product Manager - Analytics Data Platform
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 202002
Position Title: Product Manager (II)
Product Manager – Offering Management Advanced Analytics
Do you want to own the end-to-end customer experience of a world class Advanced Analytics products? Do you want to drive the next generation of products that provide multi-genre analytics to analyze all a business’s data? Do you want to drive faster actions and decisions with better, more relevant insights? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics excite you?
If yes, the Teradata Offering Management team has your next career opportunity.
Teradata is seeking results-driven Product Managers for Offering Management of Advanced Analytics Products. Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes and has been rated the most powerful data management solution by leading Industry Analysts.
As a product manager for Teradata’s Product Management team, you will help define the offering strategy within market segments, set detailed direction and priorities across functions and help translate market realities into an offering strategy for the Teradata Database. In addition, you will help oversee entire offering lifecycle and will be accountable for driving commercial results of assigned offering.
Interesting Work You’ll Do:
This Product Management role is a multidisciplinary role focused on partnering with internal business teams, data scientists, core engineering and external customers to execute on Teradata Analytics platform strategy, and leverage data science and deep learning algorithms within the Teradata Analytics Platform. You'll need a successful track record of shipping machine learning and AI models into production, plus strong experience in data and analytics, including open source processing engines to support machine learning and deep learning.
• Define product vision and manage the product backlog for an offering
• Develop user requirements and business plan for an offering
• Develop market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities
• Define and deliver on innovative offering elements by determining customer requirements based on market analysis, target features / use cases, design plan, and design specifications.
• Monitor day-to-day execution of offering development by collaborating closely with functional teams in an agile environment
• Track progress against success metrics and escalate potential risks or arising issues
• Lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking
• Ensure offering management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for product release activities across solution suites
• US Permanent Residence
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business or related technical field
• 3-8 years of product management experience in a software technology business
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to execute over the entire product lifecycle guided by performance metrics
• Ability to create and own the product vision and manage the product backlog from a practical perspective
• Ability to lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking
• MBA or equivalent Business Operations experience/training
• Strong experience in data and analytics, including open source processing engines to support Machine Learning and Deep Learning
• Proven capabilities in relational database technology (RDBMS)
• Working knowledge in one or more; High Availability, Software Automation, Database Workload Management, Database Optimizer, Native Cloud Services, Performance, Extensibility, Analytics, Database Tools and Utilities
• Prior experience managing technical products or online services
• Proficient with web services, online technologies, virtualization, developer tools, and user interface design
• Deep understanding of open source data platform technologies and markets to support data integration and analytics tasks at scale: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, or related technologies
• Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and a good market understanding
• Ability to analyze competitors, do SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager - Analytics Data Platform
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US