Product Manager - Data Protection
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201999
Position Title: Product Manager (II)
Product Manager – Offering Management, Data Platform
Do you want to drive innovation and creativity across your portfolio? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs? If yes, the Teradata Offering Management team has your next career opportunity. Teradata is seeking results-driven Strategic Product Managers for Offering Management of the Platform Data Protection Solutions.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies. Teradata employees enjoy state-of-the-art facilities that are conducive to a creative and teaming atmosphere.
As a product manager for Teradata’s Product Management team, you will help define the offering strategy within market segments, set detailed direction and priorities across functions and help translate market realities into an offering strategy for the Teradata Database. In addition, you will help oversee entire offering lifecycle and will be accountable for driving commercial results of assigned offering.
Interesting Work You’ll Do:
- Engage in the development of user requirements and business plan for an offering or a solution within an offering.
- Market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities.
- Outline competitors’ SWOT, features, and market share and leverage analytic tools (e.g., scenario analysis, modeling) to develop business plan and refine strategy.
- Collaborate in the defining and delivering innovative offering elements by determining customer requirements based on market analysis, target features / use cases, design plan, and design specifications.
- Monitor ongoing execution of offering development by collaborating closely with functional teams in an agile environment.
- Track progress against success metrics and escalate potential risks or arising issues.
- Facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to deliver on go-to-market plans, refine marketing messages, and socialize offering differentiation against key competitors internally and externally.
- Participate in the creation of sales training and certification requirements, and determine technical sales dependencies. Determine partner / ecosystem training requirements and detail roles.
- Ensure offering management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for product release activities across solution suites.
Skills and Experiences You’ll Need to Be Successful:
- US Permanent Residence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Business or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in a Software technology business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ideally, you will also have the following:
- Offering / product management or consulting experience is preferred
- 2+ years of technical software development or cloud database architecture experience
- 2+ years of field consulting or other relevant experience
- Strong understanding of Backup and Recovery Software-as-a-Service, and Cloud Service market place
- Knowledge, research and technical analysis of competitive on premises and cloud solutions
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
- Ability to work directly with engineers and vendors to design and iterate on backup and recovery solutions
- Creative, analytical thinker who can work outside the box to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with account teams and customers
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Recent experience in Design and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Enterprise SW or Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DWaaS) services and solutions
- Proven capabilities in relational database technology
- Experience in the application development environment (Teradata, Oracle, Vertica, related DB platforms), Teradata Tools & utilities, Hadoop and Big Data Solutions and operational knowledge of third party GUI and data transformation tools (COGNOS, Business Objects, Informatica and others)
- Have 2+ years hands-on experience in the design, development or support of data warehouse solutions, gained in a pre- or post-sales environment at a leading technology vendor or end-user computing organization
- Working knowledge in one or more; Data Protection, Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Software Automation, Database Workload Management, Database Optimizer, Native Cloud Services, Performance, Extensibility, Analytics, Database Tools and Utilities
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager - Data Protection
Job Category: Product Management
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US