Staff Software Engineer- Full Stack
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 201924
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Teradata Labs is looking for candidates interested in solving next generation big data problems leveraging modern and open source tools and frameworks in combination with tried and true best-in-class technologies. You will create software that will be cloud ready, scalable, distributed and able to handle large volumes of data with low latency and high availability.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- You must be able to architect, design, develop, document and implement software across product lines leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, automated and test driven environment.
- Comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
- You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on-premise or in hybrid environments.
- You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional interfaces. You firmly believe that user experience is the responsibility of every software engineer.
- You have experience with and passion for Infrastructure virtualization including Docker, Kubernetes or similar tools.
- You should be able to debug complicated customer and product issues and provide fixes and/or solutions in a timely manner.
- You should be able to mentor junior members of the team and provide feedback on their designs and code.
- You must have experience with SQL technologies and can comfortably leverage them to develop new products / solutions.
- You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them where appropriate to develop solutions.
- You must have experience with working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- You should be able to investigate and recommend technologies appropriate to develop solutions.
Tools and Experience:
- Key Concepts: Enterprise Applications, Web, Cloud, DevOps, Big Data, UX/UI design
- Web: REST Web Services, Angular.js, Web Components, LESS/SASS
- RDBMS: Teradata, PostgreSQL, MySql, etc.
- CI/CD and Automation: Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Ant, Gradle
- Cloud and Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, VirtualBox, VMWare, Ansible, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- US Master’s with 5 years of experience or BS with 7-10 years of experience
- 10+ years experience in software design and development
- 6+ year experience with REST, JSON, Web Services, Openstack, As A Service offerings
- 8+ years of experience with Java
- Experience with Continuous integration and continuous deployment models – tools similar to Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Proficient with Node.js, Bootstrap (2+ years)
- Strong history of producing software with high code coverage with automated tests
- Development of enterprise applications
- Experience with leading cloud implementations such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with building scalable applications for cloud platforms
- Design of new applications for multiple deployment platforms – on-prem, hosted, cloud.
- Strong technical and product communication skills. Ability to share technical proposals with architectural councils and product implementations with customers
- History of building and releasing software for large enterprise customers
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field – Masters degree in computer science preferred.
Hiring in our San Diego, CA offices.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer- Full Stack
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US