Account Executive - Retail
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber GB
Requisition Number: 201905
Position Title: Sr Account Executive (V)
Teradata supports more than 1200 of the most recognised global leaders in their industries, including eBay, Apple, Intel, HSBC, Wal-Mart and Fed-Ex.
- Teradata is consistently recognised as the leader in the analytical solutions market place. This position has been further validated by Teradata’s continued leadership in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant.
- With over 11,000 employees and $2.8bn revenues, Teradata is the largest company solely dedicated to delivering advanced analytic solutions.
- Our award-winning solutions use the most powerful, scalable, and reliable technology platforms in the industry and have been implemented in more than 2200 customer locations worldwide.
Learn more at teradata.com
About the Role
The account director will focus on developing Sainsbury’s Group. A very large, complex existing account headquartered in London. This is a London based role.
This is a quota carrying position, with compensation based on achievement of a revenue target for all Teradata products and services. The account also carries a large pre-sale budget and will require the co-ordination of a wider account team.
The position will report directly to the Retail and CPG Sales Director in the UK. Travel is limited to the UK apart from occasional conferences/visits to Teradata facilities/references outside of the UK.
Strategic Account Planning
- Co-ordinate account planning activity. Develop strategy and objectives for the group in order to align and facilitate best practise.
- Research the customer environment in order to understand the issues and opportunities for Teradata solutions.
- Understand Sainsbury’s key business objectives and align Teradata solutions to meet those objectives. Build a plan to ensure significant ROI for Sainsbury’s.
- Build relationships with the key players in the customer account and determine sales strategy with messaging tailored for each stakeholder.
- Understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviours within the customer account, in order to determine appropriate sales approach for each level within organisation
- Understanding of competitive sales strategy that anticipates competitor actions and places Teradata as the best in the market to meet customer objectives
Managing the Sales Process
- Manage sales activities by ensuring sales related activities gain customer commitment, build momentum and accelerate sales cycles.
- Work through the sales process with key players to minimise issues in the close of an order and ensure Teradata and the customer objectives are met in the agreed timeframe
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing campaigns.
- Managing, coaching and motivating a virtual team of industry and technical expertise to maximise credibility within the customer.
- Build credibility as the escalation point for all account issues during the sales campaign and during implementation.
- Communicate with and escalate to Teradata senior management on key topics concerning the opportunities and threats within the account.
Planning, Forecasting and Reporting
- Ensure that forecasting is accurate with regards to the value, timeline of closure and probability of closure.
- Analyse sales activity data, the team's P & L and develop the necessary sales contingency plan to ensure financial profitability and success
- Utilise a structured approach for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new streams of business.
- Analyse creation of solution offer and proposal development to ensure it promotes value based pricing.
We are seeking sales talent with a first rate work ethic, not reviewing the number of years someone has been in a sales role as a measure of ability and capability. However the candidate must be able to demonstrate success over a number of years with long running complex sales cycles.
Experience in selling complex technology solutions, i.e. a combination of hardware, software, professional services for implementation and services for support and maintenance tailored to address a “unique” customer issue. The successful candidate will have experience selling and supporting the delivery of large services engagements including projects and managed services.
Typical recent sales experience will involve selling to multiple departments, multiple levels within a company over a sustained period measured in years not months. Our sales campaigns usually touch both business and IT so a candidate must be comfortable in both areas and be prepared to learn a complex set of technologies to an appropriate level as well as articulating a message of value to senior business stakeholders.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have experience in leading an internal team of technical, business and managerial resource over the entire sales cycle from planning through to execution of the order and post-sales support. They must demonstrate an ability to influence, coach, motivate and inform others and promote teamwork.
Proven customer relationship skills, and experience working with customers at Executive/Director level, on a regular basis. Candidates will be expected to reference senior executives they interact with.
Candidates will be comfortable working in a virtual environment, must be able to demonstrate high energy and motivation.
Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills must be demonstrated throughout the selection process for this role.
Ideally the candidate will have knowledge of the Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing or the Data Base Management System marketplace.
The candidate’s education must demonstrate an intellectual capability that will have provided the foundation for demonstrable success since leaving a formal education environment preferably at degree level.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive - Retail
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber GB