Location: Bilbao, Vizcaya ES
Requisition Number: 201881
Position Title: PS Sr Consultant (I)
Think Big provides expert advisory and implementation services for open source big data solutions. As the first and only pure-play big data services firm, our Data Scientists and Engineers are trusted advisors to the world's most innovative companies. Our experienced teams combine a distinctive methodology and a proven Think Big Velocity Framework that includes tested design patterns and pre-built components, to help clients build applications faster. Think Big helps Customers leverage big data analytics by integrating open source platforms, such as Hadoop, NoSQL and streaming engines, with best-of-breed data warehousing environments. Service offers include: a big data roadmap, data engineering, data lake and analytic operations, training and ongoing big data solution support.
The Solution Architect is a key role in our organisation and for our Clients. The ideal candidate will be engaging with a Client from start to finish, stepping in at the end of the pre-sales process and regularly technically managing the engagement until we have achieved the necessary business and infrastructure transformation.
The Solution Architect should be excited by the opportunity to consolidate large enterprise infrastructures with Big Data technology like Hadoop. The successful candidate will design true multi-tenant Data Lakes for hundreds or thousands of users, in environments where availability and security are taken seriously, and cutting-edge enterprise technology is utilised.
The Solution Architect will be a trusted advisor to our Clients, and should be confident in demonstrating the value their ideas will bring to the business. Successful individuals will have a chance to sit down with global brands to help them figure out how they can do what they do better, and how technology may produce new revenue streams by building game changing data storage and processing platforms using the latest, best and proven technologies out there. At the same time, the Solution Architect will work with Think Big’s technical team to turn their vision into a reality.
The Solution Architect’s main responsibilities include:
- Designing enterprise-grade infrastructures for Clients and technically overseeing their planning, evaluation, implementation and evolution.
- Work-shopping with Clients to understand their technologies, business situation and goals.
- Documenting workshops and defining plans to address discovered requirements for Proof of concept solutions & Production-grade solutions.
- Assisting commercial negotiations.
- Guide Client and Think Big teams implementing solutions.
- Understand the Client and ensure Client success.
- Be the go-to trusted solution architecture expert for Clients and Think Big technical teams.
- Guide Clients from legacy to scalable modern future-proof infrastructure.
- Enable Clients to do what they do better, e.g. faster, cheaper, more reliably.
- Open up opportunities for Clients, e.g. new ways of exploiting data.
- Identify patterns across engagements and work with peers in Think Big to develop repeatable solutions.
- Provide thought leadership.
Support brand, Sales staff and Account Managers by:
- Demonstrating to Clients the benefits of modern data architectures.
- Networking with relevant stakeholders to support account management.
- Participate in calls and meetings.
- Present thought leading perspectives at internal and external forums, conferences, community meetups.
- Develop and lead workshops with Clients to plan activities.
- Understand business drivers, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Document outcomes and write commercial proposals.
- Define solution architecture and planned activities.
Advise senior stakeholders:
- Become a point of contact for solution architecture.
- Proactively advise on needs and issues as well as derive solutions.
- Guide and support planning of training activities for the Client staff.
- Work alongside Data Architect to bring to life the solution and solve Client use cases.
- Guide implementation of Big Data platforms by technical teams.
- Contribute to and help establish client and company best practice and quality standards.
- Provide general documentation on (Big) Data solution architectures.
- Provide specific documentation to support Client material, e.g. wikis, for on-boarding and guiding day to day operations.
- Identify and create patentable artefacts, intellectual property, design documents and author articles/papers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following are a list of relevant skills expected from a successful candidate. Other relevant skills are considered:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with senior stakeholders and technical staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with good exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment and the ability to present comfortably to senior management.
- Knowledge and experience on: relational database systems, data warehouse or other OLAP systems, NoSQL platforms, Big data platforms such as Hadoop (MapReduce, Pig, Hive, ...), Spark, Storm, Cassandra, HBase, Elasticsearch, Mesos, etc; Big Data Open source ecosystem such us Kafka, Cloud - AWS/Azure and Virtualization – Vmware environments.
- Breadth of knowledge of technical systems, including enterprise, distributed and n-tier systems across multiple domains.
- Breadth of knowledge of technologies, including languages, frameworks and their required skillsets.
- Ability to design and understand how to broadly utilize these platforms in enterprise production settings.
- Experience of working with engineering teams across the delivery life-cycle to assist in the realization of production architectures.
- Experience in delivering large enterprise-level applications.
- Highly structured and analytical thinking and decision making.
- Knowledge of architectural standards (such as TOGAF and Archimate).
- Experience of coaching junior team members.
- Developed practical solutions based on the latest industry developments.
- Evidence of self-driven research.
- Technical background.
Education and Experience
Ten years or more experience in relevant roles
Five years relevant solution architecture experience
Client facing experience
Not your average place to work: inspiring and passionate people; a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. A chance for you to join a rapidly expanding organisation with ambitious growth targets, where you can make your mark and shape the future.
About Think Big
Think Big, provides data science and engineering services that enable organizations to accelerate their return on investment from big data. These business-driven solutions include analytics in areas such as manufacturing device events, omni-channel consumer behavior, and customer service behavior, as well as governed data lakes that provide business value. As the first and only pure-play big data services firm, our Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Project Managers have deep expertise in helping the world’s most innovative companies strategize, architect, implement, analyse data on, and manage open source big data solutions.
Think Big helps Customers leverage big data analytics by integrating open source platforms, such as Hadoop, NoSQL and streaming engines, with best-of-breed data warehousing environments. Because we embrace a range of vendor-neutral options, we can recommend the best combination based on specific business needs. We don’t get paid or incentivised to sell software or hardware, so we can put aside vendor noise to implement the most flexible, reliable big data solutions that quickly increase revenue, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
What do we do?
Big Data Strategy: Roadmaps that prioritize the possible to create more value, and much sooner than you expect.
Data Engineering: Solution design and delivery aligned to core business objectives.
Analytics and Data Science: Deeper questions and new approaches to solve existing problems and seize new opportunities.
Managed Services and Training: Management and optimization of Big Data systems to improve performance, and training to increase organizational adoption.
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Architect
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bilbao, Vizcaya ES