Senior Cloud Full-Stack Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 201879
Position Title: Engineer (III)-NoCal
Teradata in Bellevue seeks a full stack engineer who is passionate about building reliable and scalable systems that our users love. This is a new initiative and your chance to create experiences that make our users feel confident and powerful, all supported by self-operating, self-scaling, self-healing back-ends. This is a high visibility role that will make a large impact the satisfaction of our customers and the future success of Teradata. Experience delivering and operating services at scale in a Cloud environment strongly preferred.
- Work backwards from the customer experience in all stages of design and development
- Design and implement APIs that allow effort to scale out and define clear division of responsibility
- Stitch together and automate mission critical components and own the customer’s self-service experience
- Deliver available, performant, scalable, operable services with tough SLAs to demanding customers across multiple deployment environments
- Measure things to understand them. Publish meaningful actionable metrics. You know that empirical evidence always wins over instincts and theories
- Advocate careful code reviews and thorough unit testing
- Demo progress to leadership and across teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 8+ years professionally doing full-stack development and delivering results
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud-based development
- Experience with leveraging Jenkins for CI/CD to improve both quality and velocity
- Experience with version control and automated deployment tools - GitHub, CloudFormation
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially AWS DynamoDB
- Experience with server-less deployment models such as AWS Lambda
What’s in it for you?
Teradata in the Seattle area (Bellevue) offers you an excellent compensation and benefits package, including unlimited personal time off. You’ll also be part of a Company with a portfolio of Cloud-based business analytics solutions, architecture consulting, and industry-leading big data and analytics technology. Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies and great people.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Full-Stack Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US